Record Exchange!

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Being a self proclaimed "metal maniac" I'm always on the hunt for discs or anything that is metal or rock. I had the pleasure of being in the city of Boise Idaho for a period of four days this past week. Of course, if you're a collector of something you do your research. I happened to come across a few record stores in & around the city of Boise. The store that was overwhelming for me was this store called "The Record Exchange," I kid you not, my jaw hit the floor when I walked into this little music oasis. This store has it covered in all genres, they have magazines from underground to mainstream, they carry a nice number of t-shirts, decals, DVD's, records & toys. What I would like to go over specifically is their stock of metal from All Out War to Venom they have it in stock! They have metal & rock Dvd's in stock & stuff that you probably didn't even know existed, from new stock to discs that are lightly used. I picked up a few discs, some where even imports that were reasonably priced. The store layout is so that you can access all products easily & nothing is cluttered. The staff is very pleasant & appear to be very knowledgable. I can't wait to got back. If you are ever in the area look 'em up or browse their site!
http://www.buymusichere.net/stores/recordexchange/
The Record Exchange
1105 W. Idaho St
Boise, Idaho 83702

cool! That sounds like a great store, indeed! The best store here in town is called ear-x-tacy (Louisville KY) and is similar but they specialize in underground/indie music more in the "alternative" genre. They have a great metal selection, and used discs out the wazzoo, but their metal section is not what it once was...they have a LOT of vinyl...but they used to stock a lot more import/bootleg type stuff. I remember my dad taking me there as a kid and getting me my first Maiden tshirt and the motley helter skelter disc! But they're a great store....though it sounds like you hit the goldmine in Boise!

Mr. Big-Raw Like Sushi II(Japan)
Mr. Big-Live (SF/CA) France Import
Malmsteen-War to End All Wars
Malmsteen-Best of 90-99
Malmsteen-7th Sign (Japan)
Dio-Best of (U.K.)
Flaconer-The Sceptre of Deception
Deep Purple-The Battle Rages On
There's a couple more...
When I was at the conference I got a couple of CDR's of demos from this gal's band from D.C., the web address escapes me I will post that when I get the chance. A band along the lines of White Stripes a garage sounding banding.

Sounds like a kick ass place. Sixx. There is nothing better than an old record shop, not one of those mall stores with 50 copies of everything new, but a good old record shop. The kind of place that gives you a head rush when you walk into it. :)

I LOVE hunting for stuff at new and used record stores. Whenever I travel anywhere I always keep both eyes on the lookout for places to find cool stuff at. I´m looking forward to my long US trip where we will drive all around the East Coast and also go to Nashville. I´m already preparing my "cd budget". :)

AngelWitch73 said:
I LOVE hunting for stuff at new and used record stores. Whenever I travel anywhere I always keep both eyes on the lookout for places to find cool stuff at. I´m looking forward to my long US trip where we will drive all around the East Coast and also go to Nashville. I´m already preparing my "cd budget". :)

How Far up the east coast are you going?