Recorded a 'Minus' cover

serbusfish

Madman with a Box
May 12, 2011
UK
www.youtube.com
Ive recorded a cover of 'Minus' from Reroute to Remain', please let me know what you think:

I apologise in advance for my poor guitar tone, I use a Line 6 Toneport for the recording and still haven't managed to find a good tone, ive done a number of covers now but they always come out sounding very thin and buzzy sounding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice cover man. Maybe the bass drum is a bit too loud.

Awesome cover man...and I didn't find the tone bad at all. I might agree the kick is a tad bit loud, but that'd be my only gripe. Good song choice too... I might even say this was my favorite off if reroute. Anyways nice job... Thx for sharing

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate the feedback.

Ive made slight changes to the guitar levels and re-uploaded, only a subtle difference but I think its a bit better, tell me if you agree or not:

Last edited by a moderator:
It might be just me, but I think that your rhytm is slightly off in the chorus, at that first part with ringing notes. Good job nontheless, I like the tone a lot.

Good job man. I listened a few more covers you did.

But I have to notice 4 things:

1) you should give more attention to melodies as some are a bit off pace (if you would take my advice. this is not shitting over your work, it's good and I like it)

2) You really like Deans (and did I see one Washburn?, I have one as well)

3) you have a lot of half-naked ladies on your walls ;)

4) If Anders once again says "our new riffs and melodies are the same as the one on TJR, you wouldn't notice the difference", he should be sent to rehab, as he is obviously very drunk.

Good job man. I listened a few more covers you did.

But I have to notice 4 things:

1) you should give more attention to melodies as some are a bit off pace (if you take my advice, this is not shitting over your work, it's good and I like it)

2) You really like Deans (and did I see one Washburn?, I have on as well)

3) you have a lot of half-naked ladies on your walls ;)

4) If Anders once again says "our new riffs and melodies are the same as the one on TJR, you wouldn't notice the difference", he should be sent to rehab, as he is obviously very drunk.

1) Yeah I agree. To be honest since I started playing ive been more focused on playing riffs and rhythm work which is why my solos/melodies arent as good, but im working on it and im always practicing.

2) Im a big Dean fan, the ML is my favourite guitar shape (with the Washburn Stealth a very close second) and I wanted a third guitar but I couldnt afford another ML but someone was advertising this Dean Razorback V cheap so wennt for that instead.

3) What can I say :D

4) Agreed, although certain melodies would probably fit in on the older albums generally speaking the riffs and arrangements are totally different, they are simply a different style of music.

It might be just me, but I think that your rhytm is slightly off in the chorus, at that first part with ringing notes. Good job nontheless, I like the tone a lot.

Your right it is very slightly off for a second or 2, but I only noticed when the video was made and figured it was too minor a thing to redo it all.