Recording updates w/ Neil Kernon

Dendura

Mar 29, 2006
STUDIO UPDATES W/ PRODUCER NEIL KERNON

December 7th, 2008 (written by Steve Wethy, guitarist and co-founder of Dendura)

We began setting up and recording with Neil again last week. I'm blown away at how everything sounds so far. The songs have all the attitude and energy of a live show, but with a massive wall of incredibly clear sound. The rhythm guitars are nearly finished and sound F*^KING UNHOLY!
We made a lot of adjustments to our guitars to set up using slightly heavier strings and keep them sounding in tune and adding a little more zazz. One thing Neil suggested was to use foam under the strings behind the bridge and above the nut to eliminate a weird ringing sound on Paul's C-7. That was totally new to me. And we're constantly tuning and using fresh strings (which is really cool actually, we've never seen this kind of attention to detail and we're grateful for it). Voooo!
And Neil has found himself a new favorite beer, Founders Centennial IPA.
India Pale Ale, abbreviated IPA, is an ale that is light amber to copper in color, medium to medium-high alcohol by volume, with hoppy, bitter and sometimes malty flavor.[1] IPA is a style of beer that is usually included in the broader category of pale ale. It was first brewed in England in the 18th century. Today, IPA is a popular style of beer among American craft brewers. Delicious.
And we're excited that the new season of Metalocalypse is out now.
We are having a lot of fun and this experience is badass! Every day is a little different and I learn something new. Thanks for reading.

Steve Wethy - guitars

Neil Kernon has produced/engineered Nevermore, Jeff Loomis, Queensyrche, Judas Priest, Tapping the Vein, and is a Grammy Award winning producer.
:headbang:

I'm really looking forward to the new album this year. The 1st was great, but this sounds really special.

This is going to be a very special album indeed. Alot of things were going on in our lives & Dendura that have made the music stronger. We got stronger. So, it will show in the music for sure.
:headbang: