Red Hot Chili Peppers: Stadium Arcadium

iPod Destroyer

New Metal Member
Nov 8, 2006
Red Hot Chili Pepper's new album "Stadium Arcadium" was recorded and mixed entirely on analog tape and will be released on vinyl in December as a 4 LP boxset in two different versions: one with 150-gram red vinyl and the other with 180-gram black vinyl. The LPs were mastered and cut by two of the best mastering engineers in the industry: Steve Hoffman and Kevin Gray at AcousTech Mastering in California. The heavily compressed CD version was mastered by Vlado Meller at Sony Music Studios, and will be no match for the LP version which did not have any compression added in the mastering stage. For all of you who have heard this album on CD but were unhappy with the sound: this is your chance to hear "Stadium Arcadium" in 100% pure analog.

From the Steve Hoffman forum:

"Just got word that John Frusciante and the Peppers approved the test pressings of our mastering of "Stadium Arcadium". They raved about it according to WB. That's great news (for Kevin and I) and for you; it means you can hear the album in actual master tape quality.

So, the test pressings from RTI are approved and the band also loved our idea of using "Red Hot Chili Pepper Red Vinyl" for the regular weight albums. 180 gram versions will be nice thick black virgin vinyl.

Warner Bros. told me that Kevin Gray and I have delivered what will clearly be the definitive version of "Stadium Arcadium". Very flattering to us to be sure but best thing is that you the consumer get to hear this album in powerful dynamic sound.

Folks, this is a great sounding album; 28 songs; eight sides of rock & roll bliss. Wait until you hear the title track in glorious wide range sound! It will change your world (as Bill Inglot would say). If you still don't have a turntable, this is a damn good reason to get one." - Steve Hoffman