Reissue Hell

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
April 8th is HIP-O Records will reissue all of the old Motley Crue studio records. Each disc will feature a CDROM music video & an additional
bonus track not on the previous versions...
What's Up with all these reissues?
Queensryche is set to do the same thing with all their back catalog.
AC/DC just reissued their stuff again, isn't it time MAIDEN reissue
all their discs again? I am truely in Reissue hell! Wait Megadeth at one point will do this too. When will this end? At least when they add bonus stuff it makes you want to chec it out....:erk:

I went to buy the new Seven Witches cd "Passage To The Otherside" today and saw the Motley Crue reissues there as well. Of you have the previous reissues there is really no need to bother with these although the CD Rom stuff sounds cool. If you dont have the other reissues definetly get these, they are really cool.

Maiden reissued last year. No bonus stuff or anything. Same cd's from the 1998 reissues except these had slip case covers. Also Ozzy Osbourne has been coming out with cool new remasters that have good bonus tracks. Judas Priest reissues came out last year that were really cool and worth checking out.

TheGraveDigger said:
I went to buy the new Seven Witches cd "Passage To The Otherside" today and saw the Motley Crue reissues there as well. Of you have the previous reissues there is really no need to bother with these although the CD Rom stuff sounds cool. If you dont have the other reissues definetly get these, they are really cool.

Maiden reissued last year. No bonus stuff or anything. Same cd's from the 1998 reissues except these had slip case covers. Also Ozzy Osbourne has been coming out with cool new remasters that have good bonus tracks. Judas Priest reissues came out last year that were really cool and worth checking out.

I agree I have most of the Priest remasters & the Ozzy Remasters & they are the "some of the best" I have seen in a while. Also if you're Cooper fan check out the double disc Billion Dollar Babies. That's another killer set! The Crue discs WILL have one additional track along with the music video that wasn't on the previous run. The question is, are they worth blowin' another $18.00 per disc? The disc that seems like a cool one to get is the New Tattoo. It's a double disc set with a bonus disc with demos & LIVE material. How's the Seven Witches disc?

sixxswine said:
I agree I have most of the Priest remasters & the Ozzy Remasters & they are the "some of the best" I have seen in a while. Also if you're Cooper fan check out the double disc Billion Dollar Babies. That's another killer set! The Crue discs WILL have one additional track along with the music video that wasn't on the previous run. The question is, are they worth blowin' another $18.00 per disc? The disc that seems like a cool one to get is the New Tattoo. It's a double disc set with a bonus disc with demos & LIVE material. How's the Seven Witches disc?
All I can Say Is fuck the new crue Reissues I mean when you can pick the OLD? Reissues for like $5 bucks nowadays Why pay more?

JonnyD said:
All I can Say Is fuck the new crue Reissues I mean when you can pick the OLD? Reissues for like $5 bucks nowadays Why pay more?
That's what I thought too. I broke down & bought the New Tattoo set. It's just the Jap set that they issued back a couple years ago. As for the rest? You have a point. Sooner or later you'll come across used ones for like $5.00 or so. I'm holding out on the other ones.

The AC/DC reissues are in part because they'd found a bunch of the old source tapes, so they were actually able to digitally remaster the tracks from the original source tapes. I haven't actually picked any up yet, but I've actually seen them in the stores for cheaper than the originals. I would be interested in comparing the mid-80's releases like Flick of the Switch and Fly on the Wall, where the quality of the transfer to CD format wasn't great.

nafnikufesin said:
The AC/DC reissues are in part because they'd found a bunch of the old source tapes, so they were actually able to digitally remaster the tracks from the original source tapes. I haven't actually picked any up yet, but I've actually seen them in the stores for cheaper than the originals. I would be interested in comparing the mid-80's releases like Flick of the Switch and Fly on the Wall, where the quality of the transfer to CD format wasn't great.
That's what I heard too. And the price is right on those.
The last issued by Atlantic were 20 bit these new ones are 24 bit. Wondering if there's that much of a sound change between those?