Release Date Moved Up?

NeonKnite

Apr 20, 2004
It says street date is 3/22/2006 on the pre-order page.

I wonder if they moved it up due to the leak as is often the case.

Got my autographed copy on the way :headbang:

NeonKnite said:
It says street date is 3/22/2006 on the pre-order page.

I wonder if they moved it up due to the leak as is often the case.

Got my autographed copy on the way :headbang:
uh no, the leak is from the promos that InsideOut sent out. :confused:

Evan84 said:
uh no, the leak is from the promos that InsideOut sent out. :confused:

That's not what I meant. Often times when an album leaks and begins to circulate they try to hurry up and release the album to avoid impacting sales as much as possible.

NeonKnite said:
That's not what I meant. Often times when an album leaks and begins to circulate they try to hurry up and release the album to avoid impacting sales as much as possible.

But why wouldn't they release it earlier if it's possible?

I also noticed that now the first "300" copies of preorder's get autographed copies. What happened to just the first 100? Sounds like a push for sales to me.

Well, the buzz on the web isn't so good for the album. Wait until the blabbermouth kiddies start chiming in. It's gonna be death for the album.

A lot of times albums are so good and packaged so well that the impact of downloads is minimal. Other times when the case exists of the album being cheese (here), the impact is high. People are cautious about spending their money on something that may not fit their tastes.

I remember Stabbing Westward made a big push to go light for their last album. Kind of funny because it wasn't well received and the band broke up. But what happened? Going more commercial is supposed to be the holy grail for metal success, no?

I think I saw a post from someone indicating that this may be the last InsideOut release. I can see why EG may be moving more mainstream to be picked up by a bigger label. I have worked in a music store for over 16 years, so I tend to hear about bands before most folks, but I have only been aware of Evergrey since last fall....that may be the type of thing EG is trying to eliminate by being a bit more mainstream. I personally like the new album, but I will also say I am curious as to why the "other" producers had been brought into the mix. It is obvious that Tom and the crew are capable of obtaining a great album on their own. In this day of the music "business" it does seem art is second to profit. Metallica has been thrown around as a name and I agree, Bob Rock is a killer of giants. To me St. Anger was a joke.
I would really like to hear from the band......

Well, Evergrey only renewed their contract for one album only, most likely by their own choice so they could make the jump to a major worldwide label. They have a lot of popularity in their own country and various parts of Europe. Why not expand? The point of contention here is that they felt a need to change for that goal, while they didn't.

In listening to all of the albums a definate progression or evolution is very apparent. The commercial move does seem like a logical step for the next phase of popularity. The average listener/radio station wants a 3-5 minute song, traditional verse/chorus structure. We are not average listeners, we are rabid fans, we want everything Evergrey is capable of in every album and still have them conquer the world. It ain't gonna happen, wish it would, it ain't!

sknight said:
Cool, maybe Tom will give you a call since he knows you personally and all :tickled:

Why are you here? You're obviously only here to bash at this point...

Go listen to Celtic Frost... they fucking blow goats.

How do you arrive at that silly conclusion? Is this the internet equivalent of calling me a "poopie-head"? Or is it a case of putting your hands over your ears and yelling "LALALALAAL...I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"?

Or perhaps a bit of column A and a bit of column B?

Oh yeah, that's a nice Iced Earth avatar.

sknight said:
How do you arrive at that silly conclusion? Is this the internet equivalent of calling me a "poopie-head"? Or is it a case of putting your hands over your ears and yelling "LALALALAAL...I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"?

Or perhaps a bit of column A and a bit of column B?

Oh yeah, that's a nice Iced Earth avatar.

Nope... just an observation that anyone who feels they need to advertise a band's website and new album in their signature is pretty much an admission that the band sucks and can't draw fans on their own.

I hope you're on their payroll. Or maybe you're in it for the fringe benefits ;) ;)

No bennies, sorry. I like the band and listen to their music.

What's your excuse for fanboying Evergrey? Think with all the defense, Tom will send you a cookie with your autographed cd? Maybe when you see them live, you can walk up to him after the show and say "Hi, I'm your fanboy, neonknite from the message board" only to get a perplexed look back from Tom because he doesn't know you, nor does he care about you.

sknight said:
What's your excuse for fanboying Evergrey? Think with all the defense, Tom will send you a cookie with your autographed cd? Maybe when you see them live, you can walk up to him after the show and say "Hi, I'm your fanboy, neonknite from the message board" only to get a perplexed look back from Tom because he doesn't know you, nor does he care about you.

Hardly a fan boy... I've only been a fan since 2004 when they opened for Iced Earth...

I could care less if the band knows who I am... that's none of my concern.

You and DragonOfCum however think that countless posts knocking the latest album are going to sway the band to alter their course.

Warped. Completely warped.

No, the fact is if this was a place where someone could present views that differed from yours, things would be ok, but an early course was taken by you to run in and save your precious band from the negative vibes.

So how about this- I wonder if you can stop posting every time someone pops up with a negative review of the album. It seems when you're not bashing the "bashers", you are squarely there for damage control, indicating over and over your feelings of the album in an effort to minimize and bury the thoughts of people not buying into MMA.

sknight said:
So how about this- I wonder if you can stop posting every time someone pops up with a negative review of the album. It seems when you're not bashing the "bashers", you are squarely there for damage control, indicating over and over your feelings of the album in an effort to minimize and bury the thoughts of people not buying into MMA.

I've hardly responded to every negative review... just the ones you keep posting.

We get the point Douche Bag.

I'm not going anywhere :D