Remembering Erik Braunn of Iron Butterfly

VicRattlhd502

Droogie
Feb 24, 2003
Minneapolis, MN
Visit site
Erik Braunn, guitarist for the 60's acid rock band Iron Butterfly died of a heart attack last weekend. He was 52.

Iron Butterfly is best known for the song "In a Gadda Da Vida" which Erik played on.

I.A.G.D.V. is an awesome record. Some interesting facts about it are for one, it was the first album in rock history to go platinum (sell 1 million copies). Also, it was the first rock album that had one song take up an entire side of an LP. The song "In a Gadda Da Vida" clocks in at 17:05. So if you're a fan of late 60's psychedelia/acid rock, I recommend this one.

Slayer covered it once.

VicRattlhd502 said:
Erik Braunn, guitarist for the 60's acid rock band Iron Butterfly died of a heart attack last weekend. He was 52.

Iron Butterfly is best known for the song "In a Gadda Da Vida" which Erik played on.

I.A.G.D.V. is an awesome record. Some interesting facts about it are for one, it was the first album in rock history to go platinum (sell 1 million copies). Also, it was the first rock album that had one song take up an entire side of an LP. The song "In a Gadda Da Vida" clocks in at 17:05. So if you're a fan of late 60's psychedelia/acid rock, I recommend this one.

Slayer covered it once.

I've got the original very old album with this track on. The track was played as background music on the serial killer film 'Manhunter' from a few years back (useless bit of info :tickled:).
Dodonna

Damn, I didn't know that! I also have the "In a..." LP + "Ball". But anyway, rest in peace. :cry:
The reason, Dodonna, you're called "junior member" is because you joined recently and it's a standard thing. You can change it under your profile if you want. As you can see I have written something to match my picture.