Remind you of anything?

ummm the only thing i see similar is gold lettering, not even the same font.
I guess you could say its a bit reminiscent, but not too close.

^ Reminds me of that gay german rapper who uses basically the same synth melody as Dimmu Borgir's Mourning Palace in one of his songs, and Dimmu's Alt Lys Er Svunnet Hen in another of his songs.

What a bunch of fucking fools!

:lol::lol:

Those bozos in that second vid are surely just horsin' around, right? Or are they just trying to embarass their parents beyond all belief??

I mean there there are, strutting around with the "gangsta lean" and waving their hands around like they're outta the 5th Ward?

Let me just say that if those living dipshits ever walked into a "'hood" here in the states, "real G's" would fuck their little white heads till they came off.

:lol::lol:

Which again reminds me of the following:
20050601171224_metal%20Kopie.gif

It says: "THAT'S WHY I listen to Metal!"

Ok
Im not gonna defend the second video, but.

It is a really old band/song from maybe 8/10 years ago, so if we want to compare the originality, Manau wins. And i felt VERY unconfortable listening to Eluveitie' Inis Mona because i knew ive heard that riff before, i just didnt remember where exactly, i thought for a second it was near Liva (Quebec metal band) but as i saw that second vid, memories came back. And yea i felt again unconfortable since its rap, but i dont think youd all protest so hard if you understood the lyrics which are quite nice actually. Repetitive, as rap often seems, but they are not meaningless.

The theme of that new Eluveitie song (and that rap shit) is from a traditional breton (french celtic) song which kicks ass "Tri Martolod".

Ok
Im not gonna defend the second video, but.

It is a really old band/song from maybe 8/10 years ago, so if we want to compare the originality, Manau wins. And i felt VERY unconfortable listening to Eluveitie' Inis Mona because i knew ive heard that riff before, i just didnt remember where exactly, i thought for a second it was near Liva (Quebec metal band) but as i saw that second vid, memories came back. And yea i felt again unconfortable since its rap, but i dont think youd all protest so hard if you understood the lyrics which are quite nice actually. Repetitive, as rap often seems, but they are not meaningless.

They might be saying nice things (although this is not typical of the genre, and if i understood Celtik correctly, they stole the theme from a traditional Breton song) but it's getting lost in the medium i'm afraid. It hurts my ears and its painful to watch them clown themselves like that.

Horses for courses and all that, but rap/hip-hop is a genre that i really hope fades into history soon.

I dont really know where this thread is going or the point of it anymore, but I'm contributing

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna reply with a quote here

@Trashhead - All zorro jokes aside, i think it's fucking cool what your doing. Great to see Europeans celebrating their heritage. Are you Fleming or Wallon?

That's just what the guys from Manau are doing, be it in their own style. From the main guy I still get he believes in the story he is trying to tell. And, all in all, I'd rather have rap like this then all the gangsta rap out there.