Removing Vocals

In cubase, do a stereo flip Subtract
''Subtracts the left channel information from the right and vice versa. This is typically used as a "Karaoke effect", for removing centered mono material from a stereo signal.''

In cubase, do a stereo flip Subtract
''Subtracts the left channel information from the right and vice versa. This is typically used as a "Karaoke effect", for removing centered mono material from a stereo signal.''

I got 1 audio file. when i click reight and then process i can find stereo flip but i don't get the subtrac part.

I had a demo of Adobe's Audition a while ago that had a preset process that would remove vocals from a piece of music. It worked pretty well too. I dont know of anyone who uses Audition though, and my demo is long gone.

There are some plugins that do that "karaoke" effect but as far as I know they all turn the file from stereo to mono. The only plugin I've seen that keeps it stereo while removing the vocals is this:

I haven't used it personally but it seems pretty cool. However, stranglely enough, I think that you can't get it by itself but only as a embedded plugin in a few audio programs like soundforge 9.

Last edited by a moderator: