Replacing Toms in EZ DRUMMER...

_Protoss_

Crossing The Rubicon
Oct 1, 2008
Hi Dudes!

I know for replacing i have to choose the multichanel option, but, when I do it, i have all toms of the kit in one stereo chanel :erk:

Can I have each toms in his own chanel?
Ez Drummer do have blending options??

Greetings!

No, you can't have each Tom in a seperate channel.

If you want to replace the Toms you have to open three instances of EZDrummer + MIDI-Tracks. The first track has all the drums plus Tom1 on it. Set that to multichannel and sample-replace Tom1 using your favorite Plug-In on the Tom-Out of EZDrummer (Instance 1). The second and the third instances have all the notes for Tom2 and the Floor Tom.

That way you can replace all the Toms in EZDrummer seperatelly.

Thanx for the input HEadCrusher!

Damn!, :(

and, can i have that feature in DFHS 2.0 ??

How do you guys deal with that problem?

I'm a Addictive Drum user but i'm planning to move to DHFS 2.0 since everyone round here are doing the same

Greetings!

Thanx for the input HEadCrusher!

Damn!, :(

and, can i have that feature in DFHS 2.0 ??

How do you guys deal with that problem?

I'm a Addictive Drum user but i'm planning to move to DHFS 2.0 since everyone round here are doing the same

Greetings!

Wait for Steve Slates 2.5 standalone.

It will be RTAS??

I need some opinions about this "drum replacement issue", from DFHS 2.0 users. Please help!!!

HeadCrusher, that's a good little tip for replacing toms in EzDrummer. I was actually thinking about that the other day and I couldn't figure out how I would go about doing that. It would be a pain in the ass and would take a shit load of ram to run 3 instances of EzDrummer but if I absolutely had to replace toms I guess that would be the only way.

apparently that's the only option?

Hopefully someone else can guide me

Yeah with the DFH EZX you can't do it for all the toms, EZD doesn't have that many outs available. But, the Nashville EZX sounds better anyway to start with (believe it or not...) so you can BLEND samples instead of replacing the sounds 100%. With that you have enough outs:

ezd.jpg

I know that's with Pop/Rock but Nashville is the same layout. Just a thought...

~006

No, you can't have each Tom in a seperate channel.

If you want to replace the Toms you have to open three instances of EZDrummer + MIDI-Tracks

bullshit...i do this all the time

ch 1 - kick
ch 2 - snare top/bot
ch 3 - hats
ch 4 - tom1
ch 5 - tom2
ch 6 - tom3
ch 7 - tom4
ch8 - OH/room

of course if you're using the DKFH expansion you're losing a tom...but you'll be hard-pressed to find a sample set of 5 toms anyways. then after your tom tracks are all programmed and shit, render the tracks to audio and load them back into your DAW - now you can mute the toms in EZD and have enough outputs to separate the snare and OH/room tracks.

How do you guys handle the problem with the room and overhead sound, which are still containing the sound of the original samples, by replacing the toms?

How do you guys handle the problem with the room and overhead sound, which are still containing the sound of the original samples, by replacing the toms?

Well, think about it, if you record an acoustic drum kit, but intend to use a separate set of samples later on, you're still going to hear the recorded drums in the OHs, albeit not very audibly in a mix.

You're basically blending it, and the drum bleed in the OHs is part of what makes your recording sound a little bit more natural.

Question: In Superior 2.0 you can control the level of what you want hear in your Oh's right??