Reunited DOWNSET To Release 'One Blood' Album

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Hardcore punk/rap metal veterans DOWNSET recently announced their highly-anticipated return with an upcoming performance at the This Is Hardcore festival in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on July 27. Now, the band can announce its full plans for 2014, which include a brand new album, titled "One Blood", which will hit stores on July 21. Produced by DOWNSET guitarist Brian Ares Schwager and mixed by Wesley Seldman, the CD was recorded in three locations — Venice And Overland rehearsal studio in Culver City, California; The Basement in Baltimore, Maryland; and Creating Better Sounds studio in Palmdale, California. "'One Blood' is DOWNSET in its truest form, coming straight from our hearts to touch the hearts of others," states guitarist and "One Blood" producer Brian Ares Schwager.DOWNSET will perform several East and West Coast dates this summer.Vocalist Ray Oropeza adds: "The East Coast is where DOWNSET will launch our live tour for the 'One Blood' album. "To all of our fans that have supported us for the past 20+ years, 'I Will Always Be There For You, I Will Always Be There, ALL I GOT!'"Formed in 1986, DOWNSET released albums on the Mercury and Epitaph labels before disbanding in 2009. DOWNSET's most recent touring lineup was comprised of Neil Roemer (vocals), Rogelio Lozano (guitar), Christopher Lee (drums), and J.D. Manhart (bass).

More...