Reunited EXTREME Performs At NAMM

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
From Blabbermouth:

Bay Area Backstage has posted video footage of reunited hard rockers EXTREME — featuring original members Nuno Bettencourt, Gary Cherone, Pat Badger and new sticksman Kevin Figueiredo — performing a private show at this year's winter NAMM (National Association of Music Merchants) show on January 18, 2008 at the Hilton in Anaheim, California.

EXTREME performed a three-song set at the Boston Music Awards on December 1, 2007 at the Orpheum in Boston consisting of "Slide", "Decadence Dance" and "Communication Breakdown".

EXTREME's as-yet-untitled studio album with all-new material — the band's fifth — is set to be released in the spring.

In a recent interview with BostonHerald.com, Bettencourt described the new album as a "straight-up rock record" that expands on EXTREME's funk-metal sound.

The new CD was the key to getting back together as a full-time band, he said. EXTREME did a handful of gigs last summer, including a gig at the Bank of America Pavilion in July, but Bettencourt wasn't interested in becoming a permanent part of a nostalgia act.

"Even though we wanted to do something for years, we had to have something new to offer," he told BostonHerald.com. "In the last six months we started writing some great songs. If they weren't, we wouldn't be doing this."

Last edited by a moderator:
Nuno is just sick. What an incredible musician he is. This is great news!

I do believe that's the acoustic guitar solo I saw him play when I saw them at the Warfield back in '93. Freaking awesome show. Great stuff.

Nuno is sick *and hawt*!!! Gray sounds great! The reuniting of Extreme makes me excited! :Smokin: And I don't get excited easily!!!

Thanks for posting the vid, Jaxy!!!

To bad they showed More than Words. Extreme is SO much more than that song.

Z

Agreed, Z....Kinda like DT is SO much more than PMU....'cept MTW is SO much better than PMU!!!

More Than Words has such a great harmony! It'za real fan pleaser....one which every fan knows the words AND can blend in...even if they're tone deaf. :zombie:

Agreed, Z.......a great harmony!

Plus I know you're not tone deaf so...sing with me...

Lifes ambition occupies my time
Priorities confuse the mind
Happiness one step behind
This inner peace Ive yet to find

Rivers flow into the sea
Yet even the sea is not so full of me
If Im not blind why cant I see
That a circle cant fit
Where a square should be

Theres a hole in my heart
That can only be filled by yooooooooooooooou
And this hole in my heart
Cant be filled with the things I dooooooooooooo

Plus I know you're not tone deaf so...sing with me...

Lifes ambition occupies my time
Priorities confuse the mind
Happiness one step behind
This inner peace Ive yet to find

Rivers flow into the sea
Yet even the sea is not so full of me
If Im not blind why cant I see
That a circle cant fit
Where a square should be

Theres a hole in my heart
That can only be filled by yooooooooooooooou
And this hole in my heart
Cant be filled with the things I dooooooooooooo

Now this song would have been cool. I do love me some "Hole Hearted"

Z

Sad to say, I've never given Extreme much of a chance. One song though I really dig from them is "Get The Funk Out".

Great news! Man you got to wonder why they drop out of site like that for so long, oh well glad they are back.