Reunited NWOBHM Legends SATAN Confirm First N.A. show at Wings of Metal

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
From http://www.bravewords.com/news/197438 :

SATAN's classic Court In The Act line-up, including singer Brian Ross and SKYCLAD's Graeme English and Steve Ramsey, will perform at the Wings Of Metal festival in Montreal, QC. This special event is their first appearance in North America.

Ticket info and lineup of Wings Of Metal fest can be found at Wingsofmetal.com.

Satan is one of the most important groups that emerged in the early NWOBHM era. Their unique mixture of heavy and power metal spirit with thrash riffage brought a handful of unforgettable tunes and revolutionized heavy music as we know it. Court In The Act was Satan's debut release and was considered a true milestone at the time of its release (1983). The songs were melodic, but at the same time very aggressive. The band’s two guitarists, Russ Tippins and Steve Ramsey, delivered a truly amazing performance; although their styles were completely different, they managed to perfectly complement each other’s playing and introduced a handful of timeless riffs and solos. Their new album, Life Sentence, which will be released in March/April by Listenable Records is to coincide with the 30th anniversary of their first LP, Court In The Act.

Satan is:
Brian Ross (vocals)
Steve Ramsey (guitar)
Russ Tippins (guitar)
Graeme English (bass)
Sean Taylor (drums)

p17hemnmsm11v426q9ng1172not4.jpg

Am I alone in not knowing who this band is? I grew up in the 80's, had my ear pretty close to the ground re: metal acts, and read as many of the music mags that I could get my hands on. Did this one just fall under my radar?

I guess it depends on how much of a NWOBHM fan you are. They're definitely a tier below the likes of Angel Witch and Diamond Head. They're a cult classic though, and I'd love to see them.

Am I alone in not knowing who this band is? I grew up in the 80's, had my ear pretty close to the ground re: metal acts, and read as many of the music mags that I could get my hands on. Did this one just fall under my radar?

It doesn't so much matter when you find them, as long as you find them. Court in the Act is a great record.

Court in the Act is mandatory metal!!!! Suspended Sentence was pretty good too

VOOR and MIDNIGHT added to this fest. Wowie.....if it weren't DragonCon weekend, I'd seriously consider visiting my harmless neighbors to the north...

Also a Goat Horn (pre-Cauldron) reunion, but was never a Cauldron fan.