Review-Chicago Fri Da 26th

Metal for life

New Metal Member
Sep 9, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
Let me be the first to say OUTFU**KING STANDING!!! Nevermore were everything I expected and more...when a band meets already lofty expectations and just crushes it is truly amazing ~ enough gushing.

On to my review: Warbringer had tons of energy, just not my cup of tea. Nothing bad to say about them.

Nevermore were on top of their game-great sound, setlist. Interaction between Attila + Loomis was cool, Warrell was in fine voice, Jim gave it all he had which was a lot + Van was a machine. Loomis now completely owns the stage w/his playing obviously, but his showmanship has reached a new level-IMHO. Couple little glitches which were barely noticeable.

Song Highlights: Taste Revenge - I can now die a happy man.

TGE, OSC, EOR. All the new tunes sounded great. OH and did I mention Taste Revenge!!! I think Chitown did Nevermore proud. Good turnout, lots of singing, very energetic crowd.

IF anyone wants any other details just ask.
Carl

IF anyone wants any other details just ask.
Carl

Yes please, thank you for offering that option.

I would like to know more details about what they wore on stage,
and if you could see Van on the drums, how many times he changed his sticks??? and would you be able to provide more information regarding the rumors that Warrel dyed his hair red and is no longer blond? Please confirm.

The guys were dressed normally, but did surprise the crowd by changing into Village People costumes at one point I guess for Helloween ~ it was hilarious.

Sorry I couldn't resist. WD's hair is red.

Pretty sure this is my 7th time seeing NM, met them before in Aurora, IL on the DNB tour. Saw them on Politics, DNB twice, DHIADW, and TGE opening for Opeth. Also saw them on Gigantour as well. I actually have personally filmed the entire show on the DNB tour with the band's permission, and it turned out great!

Had a nice chat with Jim outside the venue about his health issues, such a nice guy. Complimented my son on his Alice in Chains shirt and told us about his early involvement with Layne in Sleze. Then we got to meet the band, get our posters signed, (and my son's cast!). Here are a few pics, and I'll post video shortly.

100_4259.jpg

100_4260.jpg

100_4265.jpg

100_4261.jpg

100_4262.jpg

100_4270.jpg

100_4266.jpg

"the". It's only one extra keystroke.
Plus these 36 extra that it prompted you to type ;)

p.s. I agree "da" is fucking stupid and I'm just busting your Belgian balls for fun, so please don't get offended and take this personally :wave:

Yes please, thank you for offering that option.

I would like to know more details about what they wore on stage,
and if you could see Van on the drums, how many times he changed his sticks??? and would you be able to provide more information regarding the rumors that Warrel dyed his hair red and is no longer blond? Please confirm.

dick

Appreciate the recap along with the pics and vids! So cool that WD is throwing in some of the old-school vocal wails and of course getting "Taste Revenge" seems to be the highlight for those lucky enough to get that in their setlist.