Review of new album

I received my cd, The Incurable Tragedy, yesterday. I listened to part of it, on the way to work last night, then the rest on the way home this morning(3rd shift, you gotta love it:erk:) Man, this cd is awesome. There are some heavy songs on here. As soon as I can get a better listen, and on different stereos, I will give a better review. The songs that stand out for me are track 3 Spent Years of Regret, track 4 Symptoms, and track 10 A Black Light Ending. The whole album is killer, those tracks had me turning the volume up.

Stu's vocals might surprise some of you. He absolutely wails on several songs. He has some Tim Owens style screams in there. :headbang:

As a whole, this cd shows a huge maturity in the band. The production is great, songs are what you expect from IE. Tim's solos are awesome.

I can't wait for the rest of you to be :headbang: along with me!!

Stuey B. is one hell of a vocalist and has obviously grown since I had the privilege to see them in '06 with Opeth and Nevermore. Then he was doing clean vocals only and now clean and death. I hope see them again soon. The album is unbelievable and so charged with emotion, you can almost feel Tim and IE's pain. This is what real music is all about!

you have got to be kidding?

I like them both, and have seen both live, and I have to say Tim is much better.

Haven't seen any of em live but stus more diverse when it comes to vocals ...Tim's got a gud range but thats about it ...

the only thing Tim doesn't do, that Stu does, is the growling stuff. I like Stu's voice, he is a great metal singer, but having listened to Tim since the day he joined Judas Priest, and then hearing his stuff prior to Priest, Tim has a very diverse voice. He has a range that can sound like Halford, Tate, Ozzy, you name it, his voice is very diverse. I respect your opinion, though. :kickass:

I don't know about everyone else, but I noticed the album's style was reminiscent of Buried in Oblivion in certain places, mainly with the chorus vocal harmonies and the Incurable Tragedy 1. I also really enjoyed how they manage to blend the technical playing with the really catchy choruses and hooks. And the fact that my pal Steve is playing on the album is really cool. (Steve, if you see this: it's Kyle...I told you I would buy the album!!!) Top notch guys.

Idn what it is..but I think the new album is bad...

The only songs I like are the Ballads(title tracks)

They lost everything after Buried in Oblivion. Idn how anyone can listen to the last 2 albums and say there as good as BIO or DOD.

Stu did a good job with the slower songs..very well done...but Tim sounds like he can't write good Into E type songs anymore...the riffs are awful and half this album sounds like rehash of Scattering of the Ashes riffs.

Personnally my only complaint about the new album is that it seems very short!! When you take away the ballads (which are basically interludes IMO), then you're left with very few songs.

Favorite is EASILY "Diagnosis Terminal", but the others are good too.
:headbang:

I take back some shit I said...I do enjoy Time Immemorial and Spent Years of Regret. I just expected so much more from The band that made Buried in Oblivion.

First of all, if bands kept making albums that sounded all the same, it would get boring really fast. There's nothing wrong with The Incurable Tragedy (with the exception of it's total running time) as compared to their other work. I absolutely love Buried in Oblivion, it was the first album I bought by this amazing band, but I won't say any of their other albums are bad by comparison nor would I expect it to be even remotely close to their other albums. On the other hand, I can help you. Instead of expecting something, take it in for what it is. The Incurable Tragedy has an amazing concept and is definitely one of the best albums I have heard this year.

Don't expect something, when you do, nothing seems as it should. Variety is best. :)

As dumb as this sounds, it's hard to compare BIO to IT, different line up, plus it's a concept album, with concept albums, it's almost one-dimensional, how many songs can you come up with with one subject?