RHAPSODY OF FIRE present "Into The Legend"

Jack Nippleson
May 13, 2007
Rhapsody Of Fire unveil "Into The Legend" cover artwork & tracklisting!
Italian symphonic metal kings RHAPSODY OF FIRE are set to release their new album, titled "Into The Legend", on January 15th.
Cover and tracklisting have been unveiled now.
Tracklisting:
01. In Principio
02. Distant Sky
03. Into The Legend
04. Winter’s Rain
05. A Voice In The Cold Wind
06. Valley Of Shadows
07. Shining Star
08. Realms Of Light
09. Rage Of Darkness
10. The Kiss Of Life
Bonus tracks on ltd. Digipak
11. Volar Sin Dolor
+ Video: Into The Legend

12274296_10153381283569302_1890509495610861836_n.jpg

Just in time for my birthday :kickass: Fingers crossed it has a little more oomph in the symphonics department than DWoS did, though!

Impressions on that single after many spins:

It's fine. It's safe. Rhapsody doing Rhapsody-stuff. It's no Luca-killer though.

Enjoyable but this is the title track? Worried this will be another Dark Wings generic snoozefest.

Still getting used to the new forum layout! Always hate that part.

Yeah, I think this and the last album definitely showcase Alex's style of writing, and it's greatly contrasted with Luca's Rhapsody. Clearly the two are going for different things but something about this tells me that Luca had a bigger hand in crafting sharp and saccharine melodies. Alex certainly isn't bad but there's a cadence to his songwriting that I can't clearly define but can definitely hear.

I really like Rob's solo, that sounds like old classic Rhapsody. I do hope the rest of the album is a bit better though. I still think Dark Wings of Steel had some great tracks on there even if it was stripped down and unexpected for a Rhapsody album. I hope there's another 'Silver Lake of Tears' on this.