Ridley Scott returns to Alien

Pablokers

Huge Member
Feb 13, 2008
Alien Prequel Confirmed
Ridley Scott onboard to direct.
by Orlando Parfitt, IGN UK

UK, July 31, 2009 - After months of speculation, Variety is reporting that the Alien prequel is definitely on, with original Alien helmer Ridley Scott set to direct.

Twentieth Century Fox has also hired Jon Spaihts to write the script, which will precede the first Alien. Annoyingly the report doesn't go into any more detail about the plot.

Spaihts has also worked on the upcoming sci-fi flick Shadow 19 starring Keanu Reeves, and will rewrite Timur Bekmambetov's The Darkest Hour.

It is the first Alien movie Ridley Scott has been directly involved in since the original, with Carl Rinsch previously linked to direct the project.

Yeah I hope he doesnt fuck it up too. I wish Cameron was doing it however. Or how awesome would it be for both of them to work on it together? That would be worth it.

It'll be VERY interesting to see how he pulls it off, in Alien no one had seen them before, correct? So are we finally going to see the aliens that made... the aliens..?

More details:

Earlier this week we brought to your attention the fact that Ridley and Tony Scott were going to get a new Alien movie up and running. We were not sure if this news was a rumor or if it was true until now. Tony Scott has confirmed it with collider.

Scott confirmed that the Alien movie will be a prequel to Ridley Scott’s classic sci-fi/horror film, and that commercial diretor Carl Rinsch will indeed direct the new movie. the Alien prequel will be developed over at FOX and when Scott was confronted about FOX making crappy films recently, that it is not an artist friendly studio, and that they are nickel and diming and not giving the fans what they want Tony responded with.

Yes! But Fox is our home. They finace our production company.

He hopes that they will start filming around the end of the year. So this Alien prequel is for sure happening. It seems like there are some mixed feelings about this movie going forward. Some people are excited for it others are not. As for me I’m excited! I really think these guys are going to put something great together. I just don’t think Ridley Scott will half-ass it.

Now that it is official what do you think?

Source: Collider

I hope we see why the space jockeys were carrying a shitload of eggs. And what did actually come out of them? Cause xenomorphs adopt the form of thir host right? so imagine what came out of this.

giger6uv0.jpg

Alien and Aliens are without doubt my favourite films. Awesome that Ridley Scott is up for it, BUT, why do we need to know about the Space Jockey????? i think its great that its mysterious, its going to be like the star wars prequels, they explained the force, and that just ruined everything, we accepted the force, even though whenever we see someone use the force all they did was move a rock or choke someone. but it didn't need fully explaining and giving a base. it ruins the magic.

i'm excited that it's ridley, but he hasn't made a good film since gladiator (american gangster was just meh, black hawk down was well made but mind numbing) and its going to be compared to alien and aliens, and theres no way it can come out on top of those two films. they're undisputable champions of cinema.

i hope it will be a good film though, i really do, i love them darn xenomorphs.

I pretty much agree with everything Matt has said, i dont think them explainin the space jockeys is a great thing but it seems like the only logical way to do a prequel, although i wud like to see a Space jockey alien, but they wud just probs fuck it up like they did with the Predalien in the films, that was awful

Sweet! Alien and Aliens are fantastic movies. Bit annoyed that Alien 3 sucks cos David Fincher's a beast of a director now (he directed Fight Club / Se7en and others).