RIOT will play at KIT VI!!!

SickBoy

Croatian Panzer division
Apr 9, 2004
Split, Croatia, Europe
www.myspace.com
I don't know about you, but I'm very little far from jumping all over the house for this news! :Spin:
I missed out on KIT V yesterday :erk:, to hell with the (lack of) money!
Not just that, the boys should release a new album (finally!) the next year!

Anyway, here's the whole news taken from BW&BK:
Bravewords said:
RIOT Confirmed For Keep It True VI
2005-11-05 10:29:12

Veteran hard rockers RIOT will be performing at next year's Keep It True Festival VI, set to take place April 8, 2006 at Tauberfrankenhalle in Lauda-Königshofen, Germany. This will be Riot's first appearance in Germany in over five years and may turn out to be the only show that the band will play in the area in 2006.

Riot were recently joined for several shows (including a Japanese tour in early September) by singer Mike Tirelli (MESSIAH'S KISS, HOLY MOTHER, BURNING STARR) after regular vocalist Mike Dimeo was forced to bow out of the dates due to his commitments with THE LIZARDS (also featuring drummer Bobby Rondinelli of BLUE ÖYSTER CULT/BLACK SABBATH/RAINBOW fame). The band are currently putting the finishing touches on their follow-up to 2002's Through The Storm, tentatively due in early 2006 via an as-yet-undisclosed label.

In a recent interview with Rock N Roll Universe, Dimeo said about the upcoming CD, "I'm really proud of it. I think it's probably my best performance with the band. The songs are really heavy, really cool. Reale [Mark, guitar] is a tremendous writer, so it's hard to not get great stuff from him. He's such a good writer that no matter what way he does it, his songs usually come out great."

To read the entire interview head to this location.

Here's the full programm for next KIT. I'm not really impressed except for Riot and Hirax (and Hirax isn't really at the KIT, "only" warmup show). Another headliner needs to be added so we'll see .....

RIOT (USA)
ROSS THE BOSS (USA)
(A Night Of Early Manowar)
SOLITUDE AETURNUS (USA)
PARADOX (GER)
AXEHAMMER (USA)
SILVER FIST (ESP)
(Playing a special MURO Set)
DARKNESS (GER)
WOTAN (ITA)
POWERVICE (HOL)

+ 1 Co-Headliner

08. April 2006
Lauda-Königshofen, Tauberfrankenhalle

KEEP IT TRUE VI
“Metal Knights” Warm Up Show

HIRAX (USA)
DRIFTER (CH)

07. April 2006
Dittigheim, Sporthalle

Riot, Solitude Aeturnus and Paradox? I'm there once again :)

I don't know what to think about that Ross the Boss show though, as much as I love the guy's playing can someone else than Eric Adams sing these early Manowar songs? I don't think so.

SickBoy said:
Danny Cecati? ;)
He's a good singer indeed but I can't see him or anyone singing these songs the way Eric Adams did, I mean it's not only a matter of technical abilities.
I have nothing against tribute bands but I'm not sure I want to see them in KIT festival...

EarthSkynSea said:
brilliant band

thundersteel and sons of society own

Funny you mention them side by side. Not only I bought them in that order, but also I found 'Dragonfire' very similar to 'Thundersteel'.

SickBoy said:
Maybe he thought that all the albums in between those two own :D

Actually they do :lol:

After SOS I got more interested in the band and begun to collect them all, with exception of the Rhett Forrester era and "Narita" (which I have in sight now that has been reissued, altough expensive) I have all Riot albums.
Eagerly awaiting the next one too :D

I used to love this band back in the day. Narita, Fire Down Under, Restless Breed and Thundersteel are all very high on my faves list. I lost track of the band after Priviledge of Power though, as that album didn't impress me. As for the 90's or later output, all I've heard is a song here and there. Again, it seemed to me they lost their magic. I really need to get a newer one though, and give it a fair chance.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
I used to love this band back in the day. Narita, Fire Down Under, Restless Breed and Thundersteel are all very high on my faves list. I lost track of the band after Priviledge of Power though, as that album didn't impress me. As for the 90's or later output, all I've heard is a song here and there. Again, it seemed to me they lost their magic. I really need to get a newer one though, and give it a fair chance.

You have to check Mike DiMeo era. All albums are worthy, but I recommend especially "Sons Of Society" and " Inishmore".

As for the 90's or later output, all I've heard is a song here and there. Again, it seemed to me they lost their magic

I'd say that their magic sounds a bit different than in the 80s, that's all....
IMO ten Gandalfs and Sarumans don't have as much magic as them. :worship:

I'll see if I can find something used to get my feet wet on...just to make sure I like their new kind of magic. :D

Or you can download mp3 to see if you like it.
I'll second Wyverns recommendations, those two albums are arguably the best of the 90s bunch...

I'm out of commission in downloading. #1, I'm stuck on dial-up for a while yet and #2 I believe WinMX is out of commission, which was always my p2p of choice (because they didn't bundle any spyware with it). If they had a website with songs to download, I would get them off of there, but I'm not aware that they have one.

Just got a message EXCITER is added as co-headliner !!! Good work Clammy, which reminds me, humhum, I got some digitising work :oops:
(but I have some extra video stuff to throw in :D )