RIP Drowning Pool

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
Well, I'm sure most of you have heard about this, Drowning Pools lead singer Dave Williams was found dead on the tour bus, sad, sad, sad. He was only 30. I'll be 30 by the time I finish the grad program I started today, so 30 isn't very old folks (i'm 25 btw) I'm sure alot of people assume Drowning Pool are "nu metal" or they just don't care, but no musician should die at 30. And the other reason I'm writing this is because, I had no knowledge of Drowning Pool except for hearing "Let the Bodies...." (sic) on the radio and in bars prior to seeing these guys on a big metal bill at the "grand opening week" of Columbus' newest venue: the Promowest Pavilion. Disturbed, Drowning Pool, and Stereomud. Well anyway, the lights dimmed prior to DP's set, and they cranked "High and Dry" over the PA. How appropriate for a Saturday night??? THen they kicked ass!!! THey even won my heart with a cover of KISS' "I Love It Loud" After the show, drunken Ty and drunken Dave actually talked. I think he, like so many other rock bands, enjoys talking to a casual listener rather than a diehard nut case "Man, you saved my life, you are god!!" We talked about KISS, Van Hagar vs. Van Roth, Anthrax (he digs 'em), and the current state of radio (it sucks, but it could be much worse) this was just our little 4 minute talk at the bar before the groupies got him. He actually said "whats up" to me before I realized he was a singer in the band! I never even bought thier disc, but he seemed cool. RIP DUDE \m/

Jesus died when he was 33. So did John Belushi. James Dean and Lenny Bruce were younger than that. I'm 31. Sometimes I wonder at what age I become obselete. But then I look at guys like Hunter S. Thompson, Iggy Popp, and Henry Rollins. These guys are older than me and still vital. Me Grandpa is 72, has two girlfriends, still fly fishes, writes poetry, and is a carpenter and has had two strokes. I plan on living a long life and staying twisted the entire way. I figure it's just a matter of pacing yourself....

j

It's wierd ain't it. When I was 17 or 18, which wasn't long ago, 25 seemed like a couple of decades later. I figured by the time I was 25 I would be married, have kids, and have a career. I had no idea I would just be getting out of college and nowhere close to being married. It is definitely true that time flies as you get older, and I think even at 25 you start to appreciate "little things" that you never thought you'd ever notice before. Learn each day as if it were your first. Live each day as if it were your last.

I'm hip....

I thought at 25 I had it all figured out. Now I feel like I'm starting over again. I think back to my mom when she was 30. Was she as confused as I am? Probably. Eventually, you find what makes you happy. I just finished tucking Kimmy into bed and we read chapter 5 of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. We ordered Chinese tonight and watched Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and tried to learn how to eat with chopsticks. Do I worry about her future? Yes. But right now, she's doing just fine....

j

Could someone tell me, what is the time over there in America at the moment. we are a day ahead in Australia and Im trying to work out just how quickly the news of old mates death hit the internet.

This sucks. I never liked Drowning Pool, well but this just shouldn´t have happened. A weirdly big amount of musicians die these days, I wonder what´s wrong.