RIP Nick Menza

Mikey-Bong

May 29, 2011
Just heard former Megadeth drummer Nick Menza died onstage during a concert at the age of 51 from heart failure.

I was really hoping for a Rust In Peace era reunion at some point. Unfortunately, that'll never happen now.

Horrible news. Nick was way too young.

His drumming was an intrinsic element on RIP and Megadeth's follow up albums to that classic.

In total shock on this one and say what you want about Mustaine but his grief seems very genuine. It didn't work out for whatever reason regarding the reunion and now we'll never see it again sadly.

Rest in peace.

What a shocker.
Am really looking forward for a reunion...looks like it will never happen.

Menza brought such dynamics to Megadeth..every single album...every single song...never a dull moment...even during the simplest song Menza made grand...even when he screwed the ending for Paranoid..they kept it and released the hiccup as it is ( how cool was that)

Yep...REST IN PEACE NICK..

Reactions: redfly
Apparently there were no drugs in his system. It's being called natural causes.

On the one hand, I'm glad he was clean and sober at the time of his death. On the other, it's kind of scary to think that a 51 year old man would just drop dead with no warning whatsoever.

Reactions: IamMrFabiaro
They call heart disease the silent killer for a reason. I'm turning 40 soon and just started getting regular blood work to check for all the bad stuff,I recommend it to everyone here, I don't want that to happen to me until I'm old!

Reactions: IamMrFabiaro
What a shocker.
Am really looking forward for a reunion...looks like it will never happen.

Menza brought such dynamics to Megadeth..every single album...every single song...never a dull moment...even during the simplest song Menza made grand...even when he screwed the ending for Paranoid..they kept it and released the hiccup as it is ( how cool was that)

Yep...REST IN PEACE NICK..

I always thought it was a "paranoic" joke and they made it on purpose. So they did not?

Nick had it all man, not just a great drummer with a great feel, but showmanship and charisma. He's commanding, I love it when he would stand and play. That's someone who's into it and it wasn't even his song.
I'm still pretty sad about his passing

Reactions: naOkO benOire