RIP Syd Barrett

Yeah, was gonna post about this.

I really need to check out some of their old stuff. The only tracks I've heard are the ones on their Echoes best-of. Was it called Echoes? I can't remember.

yup ....sad day indeed .....bye the way got the Pulse DVD today sounds like a killer concert ... will be better than my bootleg dvd i have

Southy, I do have heaps more Floyd than Echoes, mate. I'm just saying the only stuff with Syd Barrett that I have is on Echoes.

Speaking of $10 CDs, I bought Led Zep's first three albums for $10 a pop at HMV the other day. Also saw IV and Houses of the Holy there as well. Cheap classics rule.

And, after about 20 years of trying, they finally clicked for me yesterday. Talk about a work in progress.

Pink Floyd :headbang:

Fuck man, what a band they are.
Amazing songs.

I've had the Pulse video for 10 years and it's pretty worn out from viewing so will grab the dvd for sure. It's awesome huh?!

Has anyone else heard David Gilmour's recent solo album? Great melodic guitar on that album.

yeh sad to hear the news

Wasnt Syd only in pink floyd in the early days for a few years? or am i mistaken?

Sorta more got the Boot from the boys fopr being unstable

You should read the book Nick Mason wrote about being in Pink Floyd, and his life as well, it is a brilliant read

Danallica said:
yeh sad to hear the news

Wasnt Syd only in pink floyd in the early days for a few years? or am i mistaken?

Yeah. He was the founding member and wrote just about everything on the first album. But he took so much acid that he couldn't even function anymore and never quite recovered.