Ripper's New Band BEYOND FEAR Sign To SPV

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
SPV is proud to announce the signing of BEYOND FEAR, the brand new hard-hitting metal outfit founded by current Iced Earth and former Judas Priest vocalist Tim "Ripper" Owens. The band is preparing to enter the studio to record their debut album for a 2006 release.

"It feels great to sign with SPV," Owens commented. "I have been with them for quite some time now with Iced Earth, so I know what they can do. It is always nice to have a label that makes you feel like family, and that's what SPV does for you!"

The band is off to a fast start, having recently announced their participation in a series of American dates with Savatage leader Jon Oliva (Jon Oliva's Pain) and Savatage axeman Chris Caffery. The tour kicks off on September 9, 2005 in Cleveland OH, with remaining dates pending.

Never one to sit still for long, Owens began forming BEYOND FEAR last year during breaks in the Iced Earth touring schedule. The band also features John Comprix on lead and rhythm guitar, Dennis Hayes (ex-Winters Bane) on bass, Dwane Bihary on rhythm guitar, and drummer Eric Elkins. "This band means a lot to me and I'm having the time of my life doing it," continued Owens. "It's fun when you finally get to do what you want. That being said, let's get this machine called BEYOND FEAR out there for the world to hear and see."

SPV Managing Director, Manfred Schuetz explains „Tim is one of the 5 best singer’s in Metal. He will deliver an album that will convince everyone. SPV is excited about the Worldwide commitment.”

Watch for album and touring updates on BEYOND FEAR coming soon!

I emailed back with my contact @ SPV, there are no plans as of yet to put this record out this year. Looks like maybe early 2006? I hope they do some gigs in the Northwest, I'd love to see them. I have read a bunch of reviews for BW/BK's 6 pack & I guess they brought down the house....

You are our insider in SPV? COOL! Can you dig for me info about Mesmerize new album "Stainless"?, the label is Dragonheart (Italy) but it's always distributed by SPV.