Rise to Addiction

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
4th October 2004 - John Slater confirms that Rob Naylor, Steve Wray and himself would form a new band named "Rise to Addiction". The band orignally feature Jeff Singer on drums but he had to leave before the band were announced due to other commitments. This added fuel to the fire that there was a problem with B L A Z E the band and not the bands members themselves...

Just read that on the bio from Blaze's website. I didn't know anything about this. Anyone got any info? I would be interested in hearing anything they come up with. Slater and Wray were one awesome twin guitar attack in Blaze.

Still hanging out for new Blaze material, but I am a bit scared with an entirely new line up.

I doubt anything will come of from Slater, Wray and Naylor.. I'm sure they could come up with something great, but they're not going to get support needed for it to be released.

There's a few sorta random bands that appear interesting on the outside..
Circus Diablo, Temple Of Brutality, Damnocracy, Supernova..

RISE TO ADDICTION Part Ways With Bassist, Announce Replacement - Apr. 8, 2006

RISE TO ADDICTION, the British band featuring former BLAZE members John Slater (guitar) and Steve Wray (guitar), have parted ways with bassist Rob Naylor (ex-BLAZE). His replacement, according to the band's MySpace.com page, is Joel Graham, who has already played several shows with the group.

RISE TO ADDICTION are preparing to enter the studio with producer Andy Sneap (MACHINE HEAD, NEVERMORE, ARCH ENEMY, EXODUS) to record their debut album for an as-yet-undetermined label.

Upcoming RISE TO ADDICTION shows:

Aug. 17 - Snooty Fox - Wakefield, UK
Aug. 18 - The Alma - Bolton, UK
Aug. 19 - Cert 18 - York, UK
Aug. 26 - Junktion 7 - Nottingham, UK

I will definately be interested in hearing what these two put out working with Andy Sneap again. Pity Naylor quit again, he rocks.

sounds interesting!
Good to hear that havn't disappeared just yet..

I'm surprised that they are working with Sneap. I'm guessing that they must have built up quite a good friendship with him during those years with BLAZE, 'cos I would be almost certain that they couldn't afford his usual rates. :)

465755802_l.gif

and samples on www.myspace.com/risetoaddiction
www.risetoaddiction.com

I'm on dialup, so can't listen.