circus_brimstone

Forest: Sold Out
Jul 5, 2003
Indiana
Rising Moon – They Are As Us
Crash Music – CMU 61134 – February 8th, 2005
By Jason Jordan

theyareasus.jpg

I wanted to kill Nate The Great when I saw the abysmal cover art for Rising Moon’s They Are As Us, an album he had sent me. After listening to it, though, I’m not in such a malevolent mood. In case you hadn’t noticed, the group loves to delve into extraterrestrial ruminations, as evidenced by 2000’s Area 51 and 2001’s European Aliens. Also, this Italian death band runs much along the lines of Hypocrisy, but this particular output is overwrought with weaknesses.

First of all, Rising Moon have passable instrumentation, but their sound is just too generic to garner any sort of acclaim. However, a song like “Death’s Colors” is great: synthesized, “alien” voices segue into a solid composition, while “They Are As Us” frolics along at a nice pace and presents cool, little idiosyncrasies from time-to-time. Thus, there’s pleasure to derive from certain elements of They Are As Us but – to slip back into negativity – the record is only thirty minutes total. I would’ve enjoyed elongation. Also of note is the hokey “Swedish Metal,” which features lyrics that touch on a myriad amount of Swedish metal purveyors both defunct and active. It’s dorky, I know, but will still make you grin at Rising Moon’s audacity. The vocals are satisfactory – in other words, they’re nothing special.

I’m glad that my reception to They Are As Us was no less than lukewarm, so that I don’t have to dismember Nate. He will live to piss and shit another day, and you’ll know every time he does because he’ll mention at least one of the aforementioned activities in every single post. Oh yeah, Rising Moon do have potential but their latest is too extraneous to warrant a full-on purchase.

7/10

Official Rising Moon website
Official Crash Music website

carmine said:
:D :D :D

ok!!! ok!!!! :) perhaps it isn't exactly cover for a metal album !!! :p
it's strange, rigth???? ;)

anyway, very thanks for your review!!!!
\,,/

Tis unique! No problem about the review, man. Have you checked out Digital Metal recently? They liked your album a lot...

no, sincerely... :cry: much time that I don't visit your pages, but which are the persons who have appreciate our album?

(I don't understand... excuse me, you have patience!!! :oops: )

circus_brimstone said:
Here's a link to the review at Digital Metal:

http://www.digitalmetal.com/reviews.asp?cid=6381

:wave:

:erk: :erk: :erk: shit!!!! I'm sorry, I'm very stupid ... I have confused Digital Metal with Ultimate Metal :p :p :p
and yes, I know the review ... :D it's a very very nice!!!! :worship:
"They Are As Us" it isn't exactly our new material, it's mainly the combination of two our old demo (from 2002 and 2003) and whit new song like Cyborg Insane, Digression, Escape & Operate and Irrevelant Senses... we liked re-recorded these old songs.... :headbang:

Hey Carmine, remember me from Novembre forum here on UM? Well, I haven't heard this album, but from what I saw in the videos of the recordings you had on your site, it didn't really amazed me as much as "Reflex" (one of the few songs I heard from the site) but I am looking forward to buy the album!! Cheers man!

Thanks man! I've just seen the videoclip of digression...man...the song is GREAT! The video is simple and straightforward, very good! Tell me, are you the guy doing the clean vox on this song? in the video you appear singing it :)

Keep rocking \m/

thank you man !!!! nice to feel that the video is liked you!!!! and I'm the guy who sings with clean voice and play the drums... :oops:
I've aslo mounted scenes of the video, It's much simple, I've been my first experience with the homevideo movie... I hope that the next time I will make better!!!! for the moment I task can go well therefore!!! ;)

I am waiting for the new "Swallow The Sun" album, you know something?

The video is good man, simplistic, but good! Can you reproduce the clean singing part live? that'd be great, never seen a drummer singing and playing same time. I'm a little curious about that, Dark Suns's drummer is also the main vocals...

As for STS, I don't know man nothing about their upcomming! It's a good band, but it didn't really amazed me as much as Rising Moon. I'm not into the lo-paced doom metal anymore, rock on!! \m/

:oops: thanks again for the compliments ... ;)

I have tried little times to make that one, but it's all ok... at least for the slowy and mid-tempo!!!! I will have to practice much for the next live-show!!! :)

The cover is excellent ! Funny, well done and far away from the 1 000 000 typical covers of a lot of Metal bands. I'm fed up to see always the same occult or gory things... Continue like that italian guys !