RIVAL SONS In The Studio Recording Fourth Album

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Long Beach, California blues rockers RIVAL SONS are in the studio working on their fourth full-length album. The band entered LCS Studios in Nashville, Tennessee at the beginning of January and will spend a full six weeks recording. The the follow-up to 2012's "Head Down" is once again being produced by Dave Cobb, who will have worked on all five RIVAL SONS releases.Producer Dave Cobb comments: "This record, the boys seem to have a fire in them! "With [bassist] Dave Beste in tow, we've never had this much time to make a record. "During the previous albums, which were twenty days each, we had a room full of whiskey bottles at the end; this time, which is six weeks, there should be enough to fill a football field!"Adds Beste: "After we played Nashville last summer, the guys asked me to join them in the studio to make this new record. And I said, 'Of course!' It's an involved process, at times quite intense, but going well. "All of us are excited with what we have so far and although there's still a long way to go, spirits are high. "I'm looking forward to this newest RIVAL SONS effort being released and the band getting back on the road soon."In the video clip below, guitarist Scott Holiday takes you on a tour of LCS Studios.RIVAL SONS' as-yet-untitled new album is due to be released in spring 2014 on Earache Records in Europe, and via Century Media/Earache in the USA.Left to right in photo above: Dave Beste (bass), Jay Buchanan (vocals), Scott Holiday (guitar), Michael Miley (drums)

More...