RIVERDOGS - any fans?

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
"By the way, the simple fact that Badlands weren't selling out football stadiums is proof positive that people have lousy taste in music."

Zod

Okay, I've opened this thread up with a quote from Zod, which is dead on in my opinion. With that said, I pulled out another lost classic this morning from a band called Riverdogs. The band consist of Rob Lamonth, Nick Brophy, Mike Baird, and Vivian Campbell. If you've never heard of them, then check out their self titled release. In my opinion, the quote above from Zod applies to this band as well. Riverdogs is essential for those that enjoy classy, blues based hard rock. :worship:

~Brian~

With Rob Lamoth's songwriting, and Viv's god-like playing, it just goes to show how good music can be.

It's a shame Viv had to go to the Leps to get a good paycheck...his talent is certainly underutilized.

When's the last time you actually heard a guitar on a Def Leppard album, anyway?

By the way, while we're on the subject of Riverdogs...does anyone have Bone (2nd album after Viv flew the coop)?

Rock on!

With Rob Lamoth's songwriting, and Viv's god-like playing, it just goes to show how good music can be.

It's a shame Viv had to go to the Leps to get a good paycheck...his talent is certainly underutilized.

When's the last time you actually heard a guitar on a Def Leppard album, anyway?

By the way, while we're on the subject of Riverdogs...does anyone have Bone (2nd album after Viv flew the coop)?

Rock on!

Yeah, I'd like to hear that one myself. Amazon doesn't even have it listed the last time I checked.

I've purchased the Riverdogs st/On Air dual disc set from NEH Records recently. On Air is a great acoustic disc of theirs if you don't have that one.

I lost interest in Def Leppard way before Vivian even joined to begin with.

~Brian~

I'd forgotten about Riverdogs. I know I have the cd down in the basement, I'll have to break it out tomorrow and listen to it again.

I totally agree about Badlands. Luckily I got to see them live back in the day and they were great! I believe they were opening for Great White and Tesla. Did anyone else get to see them live?

I'd forgotten about Riverdogs. I know I have the cd down in the basement, I'll have to break it out tomorrow and listen to it again.

I totally agree about Badlands. Luckily I got to see them live back in the day and they were great! I believe they were opening for Great White and Tesla. Did anyone else get to see them live?

Yeah, I saw them in Houston, talked to Jake and Ray for a few
minutes after the show, really cool...

I love Riverdogs. Their 1990 s/t album is amazing. Rob Lamonthe was an awesome crooner, and Vivian Campbell, of course, had the awesome guitar licks. Great songs indeed! I would love to get the follow-up album, Bone. How does it compare besides not having Vivian Campbell on guitar?
Badlands was awesome as well. I miss this late 80's/early 90's era of music when bands like Riverdogs, Badlands, Stage Dolls, Blue Murder, Giant, etc were around crafting these masterpieces.

Debut is a classic and second only to Whitesnake in the bluesy hard rock dept in that Era. That album was special and, as usual, America blew it and crushed a talented bands dream. Tyketto feels the pain too.

We'll, I'm off to order the rc rerelease. Totally forgot about it...

RIVERDOGS FEATURING DEF LEPPARD GUITARIST VIVIAN CAMPBELL REVEAL CALIFORNIA ALBUM DETAILS; EPK VIDEO STREAMING

riverdogsalbummay.jpg

RIVERDOGS FEATURING DEF LEPPARD GUITARIST VIVIAN CAMPBELL STREAMING NEW SONG “WELCOME TO THE NEW DISASTER”

Last edited: