ROB HALFORD Looks Back On 'Turbo': 'I Had So Much Coke Up My Nose, I Don't Know How I Got...

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
British metal legends JUDAS PRIEST recently announced the reissue of their tenth studio album, "Turbo". The album has been remastered and will be released via Sony Music on February 3 on three CDs (the original album and two bonus discs) as well as one-LP 150-gram vinyl. Originally released in 1986, "Turbo" features all the hallmarks of classic PRIEST on tracks such as "Turbo Lover", "Parental Guidance" and "Locked In". Included on disc 2 and 3 of the CD reissue is, previously unreleased, "Live in Kansas City", a live recording from the band's 1986 "Fuel For Life" tour in support of "Turbo". Speaking to "The Rock Brigade" podcast, JUDAS PRIEST singer Rob Halford stated about "Turbo"'s more experimental sound at the time of its release: "Much like everything that we've done, we've kind of reflected on where we've been and what we are trying to aim for next. "The big thing about this record is that for the first time in a long time, we were able to take our time. "There was a period in the early '80s when PRIEST was literally banging out a record every year and a world tour every year. How did we do that, I don't know. It was just that we were running on fire, we were having the times of our lives, we had deadlines to meet, we had an incredible thing going with the label." He continued: "So here's the deal. 'Turbo', the middle of the 1980s, right? We had a little bit of time to kind of pull back and take our time to make this record. So we were in a different place. I mean, I was in a different place, because I had so much coke up my nose, I don't know how I got through every day of the week, because I was raging at that point, personally. "What I'm trying to say is, America in 1986 and the mid-'80s was… wherever you went, there was incredible things happening in rock and metal. I always kind of reflect as the '80s, particularly in America, as being one of the greatest decades for our kind of music. So we were wrapped up in all that, we were wrapped up in all that excitement and good times and party-party-party. And I think that we were just… we were making the record. The bulk of the record was made in America. Going down to Whisky, hanging out on the [Sunset] Strip, in Miami… Man, it was an absolute blast. And I think we were just… We were loving that moment, you know. The band was having a great time, and there was a lot of that in the music on 'Turbo'." Disc One - Turbo: Remastered 01. Turbo Lover 02. Locked In 03. Private Property 04. Parental Guidance 05. Rock You All Around The World 06. Out In The Cold 07. Wild Nights, Hot & Crazy Days 08. Hot For Love 09. Reckless Disc Two - Live At The Kemper Arena, Kansas City 01. Out In The Cold 02. Locked In 03. Heading Out To The Highway 04. Metal Gods 05. Breaking The Law 06. Love Bites 07. Some Heads Are Gonna Roll 08. The Sentinel 09. Private Property 10. Desert Plains 11. Rock You All Around The World Disc Three - Live At The Kemper Arena, Kansas City 01. The Hellion 02. Electric Eye 03. Turbo Lover 04. Freewheel Burning 05. Victim Of Changes 06. The Green Manalishi (With The Two-Pronged Crown) 07. Living After Midnight 08. You've Got Another Thing Coming 09. Hell Bent For Leather Purchase the set at this location.
judasoriestturbo30th.jpg

Continue reading...