ROB HALFORD Tells NIKKI SIXX That ADAM LAMBERT Is Doing An 'Extraordinary' Job Fronti

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
JUDAS PRIEST singer Rob Halford was interviewed on a recent edition of the "Sixx Sense" radio show hosted by MÖTLEY CRÜE and SIXX: A.M. bassist Nikki Sixx. You can now listen to the chat below. Speaking about QUEEN's recent decision to launch a North American arena tour with "American Idol" finalist Adam Lambert once again fronting the band, Halford said: "I've been a huge QUEEN fan since they began. I actually went and saw some of their very, very, very early shows in England, and they just blew me away; I just couldn't believe it. These guys were doing extraordinary things for that time in rock and roll. And the thing is, at the end of the day, it's the music, the music, the music. The music lives longer than we do. So what I'm trying to say is, me being a huge QUEEN fan, it's just great to see the guys out on the road. They don't need to go out. They've got all the gold and platinum albums. But what they're doing is a sincere display of their love of their music. So I wish them all the best." Halford was also full of praise for Lambert, whom he met in April 2010 when they both attended the the Los Angeles presentation of the 21st annual Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) Media Awards at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza. "Adam is just a phenomenal guy," Rob said. "There will only ever be one Freddie Mercury, but I think what Adam's doing — and I've been watching some of the clips on YouTube — is just extraordinary. That band is just roaring right now." In a 2009 interview with Dallas Voice, Halford stated about Lambert, who came out shortly after his run on season eight of "American Idol": "Thank God for Adam Lambert. We need someone like this in music and the gay community. His voice does many great things." JUDAS PRIEST's new album, "Redeemer Of Souls", is likely to sell between 25,000 and 28,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release, according to industry web site Hits Daily Double. The estimate was based on one-day sales reports compiled after the record arrived in stores on July 8 via Epic. The chart will be unveiled on Wednesday, July 16.

More...