Rob Lowe fired from Candlemass

nomisofsiman

Sep 19, 2008
Wheaton, IL
http://www.bravewords.com/news/184635

Ahem...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that I've gotten that out of the way. I have to say this is an interesting time to boot him, and if the rumors are correct on various sites, it seems it might be due to Rob not memorizing songs, which is odd to boot him after three albums. I thought he was great when he was at the Pearl Room. Personally, in terms of singer he was my favorite of all their singers, but I would say if he isn't going to continue, they need to either get Messiah back if they are really just doing live shows or give it up. No offense to Mats Levan as I think he's a great singer, I just don't think he fits the best in terms of a singer for Candlemass.

Well that's too bad, especially coming after such a strong album with Lowe. Ah well, maybe that means more focus on Solitude Aeternus.

I've seen Candlemass, so this actually isn't as big of a deal as I made it out to be for me as I know this is their last album. To be perfectly honest, more Solitude Aeturnus is the first thing I thought of and sure hope I get to see them. They're definitely in my top 5 bucketlist bands.

Simon, not sure what show you were at, but Lowe was NOT that great at the Pearl Room.
His head was in the lyric sheets the entire time.

In the studio, Lowe is amazing. King was a practically flawless album from start to finish.
Death Magic Doom was so so, seems like it came out too quick.
Haven't heard much from the new one aside from a sample.

And all you Messiah haters can blow me. HE is Candlemass.

As for the future of Candlemass, as much as I love them, all this instability might be signs to end it.

And I agree with Veggie - Alone was brilliant as well.

Simon, not sure what show you were at, but Lowe was NOT that great at the Pearl Room.
His head was in the lyric sheets the entire time.

Not disputing that. I meant his voice was good at the show. He was definitely in the lyric sheet. I'm just surprised if that was the issue, why it took so long but then again, considering we got some good albums from him, I'm not complaining. I think he'd be much better with Solitude (I'm hoping) as that's his band.

And all you Messiah haters can blow me. HE is Candlemass.

As for the future of Candlemass, as much as I love them, all this instability might be signs to end it.

From what I understand [via talk about Candlemass Chronicles #5] is that Messiah nearly tore the band apart during the reunion... Sounds like there was a lot of internal strife there. I don't imagine he'll be back... But Johan; I could see (and enjoy) that.

And I agree with Veggie - Alone was brilliant as well.

Indeed. :headbang:

Not disputing that. I meant his voice was good at the show. He was definitely in the lyric sheet. I'm just surprised if that was the issue, why it took so long but then again, considering we got some good albums from him, I'm not complaining. I think he'd be much better with Solitude (I'm hoping) as that's his band.

I thought he was fine at The Pearl Room myself. Not as at ease as he was with Solitude Aeturnus, of course, but it didn't bother me any.

I thought King of the Grey Islands and Death Magic Doom were both great (I think I liked the former a bit more than the latter, though), so I've got high hopes for the new one that should be on my doorstep any day now...