Rob Rock – Garden of Chaos

genocide roach

DOOOOOOOOOOM
Aug 18, 2002
Rob Rock – Garden of Chaos
Candlelight – CDL386 – 23 October 2007
By Ryan Starr

51CEQskGQCL._AA240_.jpg

Every once in a while, there is a band that has been around for a while that you just never come across. Rob Rock is one of those bands for me. But the past is the past, and I have their latest release Garden of Chaos, and I dig it. It reminds me of Firewind and with some more rock groove and melodic tendencies.

Overall, this is pretty standard power metal. It kicks off with a bang and then gives us 10 more tracks of garden variety power metal. Some slow songs, like ‘Ode to Alexander’, give us a nice variety, but it’s the pre packaged kind of variety. You expect a certain amount diversity. I think my favorite track is ‘Garden of Chaos’. It really starts the album off right. It has a great energy and an awesome sing along chorus. But while it’s enjoyable, it’s pretty generic. The guitar playing is standard, as is the singing. It all sounds great, and Rob Rock has a great voice, but it’s nothing I haven’t heard before. And once again I find myself harping on progression and originality. I’m sorry, I just can’t help myself.

So while I enjoy it, I probably won’t be reaching into my collection to find this CD any time soon. Garden of Chaos is destined for the shuffle list, I’ll enjoy it when it comes up, but I won’t actively seek it out.

Official Rob Rock Website
Official Candlelight Website

This is one guy I don't want to "progress". His voice is awesome and completely appropriate for the timeless metal he plays. Last thing I'd want Rob Rock to do is some Mike Patton style freak-out in an attempt to be "original". For lovers of classic metal, he's one of the surest bets around...:kickass: