ROB ZOMBIE, DUFF MCKAGAN To Perform RAMONES Covers At 10th Annual JOHNNY RAMONE Tribu

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to RollingStone.com, Rob Zombie will host the tenth-anniversary Johnny Ramone tribute bash at Los Angeles' Hollywood Forever Cemetery on August 24. The event will include a screening of Zombie movie "The Devil's Rejects" and the singer leading an all-star band — including Duff McKagan of GUNS N' ROSES and Steve Jones of the SEX PISTOLS — through a selection of RAMONES covers. In addition, the bash will see Kirk Hammett (billed as Kirk Von Hammett) of METALLICA displaying his collection of horror-movie posters and memorabilia in the cemetery's mausoleum. The event will benefit cancer research through the Johnny Ramone Foundation and the Center for Applied Medicine at USC. "The RAMONES were the great American rock band of our time," said Zombie. "Endlessly copied but never equaled."He added: "I really met John when the RAMONES were opening for my band WHITE ZOMBIE on tour," the singer recalls. "John was concerned about how many T-shirts they could sell and if they could hang the RAMONES backdrop. I told him they could do anything they wanted. "Johnny was the most specific person I ever met. He liked everything exactly perfect, no matter what it was. It was always fun and exciting to watch him order dinner in a restaurant."

johnnyramone10thanniversary.jpg

More...