ROB ZOMBIE Working On TV Series About MANSON Family Murders

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to Variety, Rob Zombie and "American Psycho" writer Bret Easton Ellis have teamed up with Alcon Television to develop a project for Fox that will revisit the people and events connected to the Manson murder spree in August 1969. The limited series will see Ellis writing the script and Zombie directing. "I have been obsessed with this insane story since I was a kid, so obviously I jumped at the chance to be involved in this incredible project. After speaking with Bret, I immediately realized that we shared the same vision for this epic madness," Zombie said. The Manson slayings saw crazed cult leader Charles Manson brainwashing members of a commune known as The Family into butchering eight people, including film director Roman Polanski's pregnant wife Sharon Tate. Manson was eventually convicted of first-degree murder and conspiracy charges even though he was never found to have committed a homicide himself. In association with Alcon Television and Madhouse Entertainment, the project is in very early development for a possible event series, a Fox representative told TheWrap. The series will dive into the people and events, before and after the slayings, with connected storylines and characters, told from different points of view. Zombie's last film, "The Lords Of Salem", came out last year in limited theatrical release before heading to home video. Zombie will kick off a 12-date run of shows on April 26 in Fort Myers, Florida at the Fort Rock festival, mixing other major rock festival stops with headlining shows before wrapping up on May 10 in Camden, New Jersey.

More...