Robb Flynn Turns Down Drowning pool

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
MACHINE HEAD Frontman Turns Down DROWNING POOL Audition - Dec. 6, 2002

MACHINE HEAD frontman Robert Flynn was one of the vocalists recently approached to audition for the DROWNING POOL singer slot left vacant by the death of Dave Williams.

Flynn, who is not believed to be a DROWNING POOL fan, is said to have politely turned down the offer, citing his desire to carry on with MACHINE HEAD as the reason for his disinterest in pursuing the position.

MACHINE HEAD are continuing to write material for their fifth studio album, which is not expected to surface before late 2003 at the earliest. Nearly 20 songs have been finished musically, with the band having recently demoed 12 of them in rough form. An as-yet-untitled live album — recorded in December 2001 in London, England — will be released through the Roadrunner label in March.

good move. :) Drowning Pool is a shitty nu-rock band anyway.
If it means that Machine Head will go back to making METAL the way they used to, then Robb Flynn will get a double praise from me :D

Drowning Pool sux! Hopefully Rob will take a lesson from his not liking them and get back to his metal roots...that latest Machine Head cd sounds a little poppy if ya ask me...kinda scary:eek:

That's a relief, but.....who cares about Drowning Pool?? Granted the singer died, but seriously....things happen for a reason, maybe the band should heed the warning and move on. The Metal floods are boiling and ready............

I think that was a smart move for Robb. I am a Machine Head fan, and I actually liked some of the stuff on the last album. There was one song in particular that I thought was great, and that was Deafening Silence. I still think Burn My Eyes is their best album to date, and hopefully they can top that one with the next album, I guess we'll see...

I dont even know why they asked him, thats like asking Mustaine to leave Megadeth and sing for you. Im not slamming Drowning Pool, ive never heard their stuff, but asking a guy who has built up his own band and following from scratch to come sing for you is strange! He was never going to say yes!

Originally posted by spawn
I dont even know why they asked him, thats like asking Mustaine to leave Megadeth and sing for you. Im not slamming Drowning Pool, ive never heard their stuff, but asking a guy who has built up his own band and following from scratch to come sing for you is strange! He was never going to say yes!

I agree.