ROBERT PLANT Is 'Disappointed And Baffled' By JIMMY PAGE's LED ZEPPELIN Reunion Push

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Robert Plant says that he is "disappointed and baffled" by Jimmy Page's recent remarks regarding Plant's on-again, off-again interest in a LED ZEPPELIN reunion. In May, Page, who was promoting the deluxe reissues of the first three ZEPPELIN albums, finally came out and blamed Plant for being the bandmember thwarting any hopes of a ZEPPELIN reunion tour. During a lengthily interview with The New York Times, Page said, "I was told last year that Robert Plant said he is doing nothing in 2014, and what do the other two guys think? Well, he knows what the other guys think. Everyone would love to play more concerts for the band. He's just playing games, and I'm fed up with it, to be honest with you. I don't sing, so I can't do much about it. It just looks so unlikely, doesn't it?" Plant, who last month urged Page to "go to sleep and have a good rest," found himself confronted with the subject once again while speaking to Uncut magazine. "I feel for [Page]," Plant said. "He knows he's got the headlines if he wants them. But I don't know what he's trying to do. So I feel slightly disappointed and baffled." Plant went on to claim that he was interested in collaborating with Page again but in a slightly different format. "A couple of years ago I said, 'If you've got anything acoustic, let me know," he said. "I'll give it a whirl. It was hands across the water. He just walked away. But we couldn't do anything proper. The weight of expectation is too great." Page has run into the same problems with Robert Plant over the years. Back in 2000, Page told The Pulse Of Radio that trying keep Plant interested in their work as a duo had finally proved futile. "And in the end, I just lost... y'know, I thought, 'I can't keep trying to motivate somebody if they just definitely don't seem to want to know.' So, at the moment, there isn't any plans to do anything with Robert."

More...