ROBERT PLANT Says No To LED ZEPPELIN World Tour

Belligerent

Greekus Urungus
Mar 15, 2006
The Low Low, IL
:cry: This blows, and why would Plant rather concentrate on working with Alison Krauss opposed to the legends he started with...LED ZEPPELIN?I wonder if they are going to tour the states at all now?If so, I will pay alot to see them.

Here's the story below:
Robert Plant has turned down an extra £100 million (approximately $200 million) fortune to take LED ZEPPELIN on a world tour.

The rock legend wants to concentrate on his new partnership with country singer Alison Krauss... spelling the likely end of the famous band.

A band source reportedly said: "Despite the enormous offer, the decision did not come down to money. They always said they would do the one-off show and then see how they felt. Jimmy [Page] had enjoyed the concert in December enough to want to tour. He argued they still had something to offer. He likes the idea of another chapter in the band — the grown-up tour. John [Paul Jones] sided with Jimmy. He loved making music with the others again. But Robert wanted to leave last year's concert as their legacy. They had proved they could still do it and that was enough. He has other commitments and is happier looking forward to those. Robert put the mockers on the tour."

I can understand Plant pulling out, he can't hit the notes anymore at all. The reunion gig sounded terrible.

Not sure what to think of that ? Seems to me Plant was always the problem after the split anyhow, but he may know things we dont.

Theres one answer for that... call David Coverdale. Name the tour Coverdale Page Jones & Bonham. Thing is Plant will still get royalities.

** think Jimmy could play "Still of the Night" ?

I can understand Plant pulling out, he can't hit the notes anymore at all. The reunion gig sounded terrible.
Was he really that bad? I don't remember seeing this and I wonder if youtube has it.
edit: yes youtube does have it.:puke:
Maybe it was just an off night for Plant?

But regardless I'll still go and see them if they ever come around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course he cant hit the high notes anymore, He hasnt been able to since the mid 70's, that was over 30 years ago. He tore up his throat like most all the high screamers have done. Well known fact that he was told he might not sing again, he was actually in recovery when they recorded Presence. I didnt think that was a bad performance considering the reality of his age. He'd a done better without the screwing around, trying to improvise but he has always done that. I've not seen many impressive live performances due to it, even when he was young. The movie "The Song Remains the Same" is documented proof of his inconsistancies. Its also proof that he was loosing his voice at that time. I've known a handful of pretty decent singers and they all say early LZ is some of the hardest stuff to sing.

He was killer in the studio for the first 4 albums though but his attack changed after that.

Robert Plant also said that they would not reunite right before the announcement about the Ahmet tribute came out. So don't believe anything he says.

Led Zep at the O2 sounded almost exactly like Led Zep circa 1973. They've had that ragged, 50-year-olds-playing-rock sound since the mid-70s, when playing live.

No matter how shitty their performance is it would be amazing for any young Zeppelin fan such as myself.

No matter how shitty their performance is it would be amazing for any young Zeppelin fan such as myself.

agreed, even for us OLD fans, but I wouldnt want to or expect a shitty performance, just one that might not be exactly like the old studio albums. Never gonna happen though, he just cant even attempt to sing like that even one night a week let alone two or three.

It's not like I could even come close to being able to afford a ticket anyway, but I'm pissed at Plant for not doing a final tour. Do it for your devoted fans imo.