ROBERT PLANT Suffering From Laryngitis; Two Shows Postponed

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Robert Plant has been forced to postpone two shows on his on the North American leg of his tour with the SENSATIONAL SPACE SHIFTERS after has come down with laryngitis. Tuesday's show at Meadow Brook Music Festival has been rescheduled for September 10, while Sunday's concert in Toronto will now take place on Tuesday, September 15. Tickets will be honored for the new dates, though refunds may be obtained at the point of purchase through June 19, according to promoter Live Nation.Unfortunately due to scheduling conflicts, THE PIXIES will not be appearing on the rescheduled dates. A replacement support artist will be named at a future date."Sunday morning I woke up with a flu that's developed into laryngitis," Plant said in a statement. "I'm really disappointed as I've only missed one gig in 15 years and now here's two in a row. It's heartbreaking. I'm furious, frustrated and silent."Dates on Plant's tour with the SENSATIONAL SPACE SHIFTERS include his return to Bonnaroo the weekend of June 12. The trek will end on June 17 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania at the Mann Center.The tour is in support of Plant's "Lullaby And… The Ceaseless Roar" album, which was released September 2014 on Nonesuch/Warner Bros.Plant spoke to Relix magazine about his current music and how it connects to his early days in LED ZEPPELIN, explaining, "I want people to know I'm pulling points of reference from other times and other places — incongruous and out of step and kilter — into another world. I've done it with ZEPPELIN lyrics, as well — 'if the sun refused to shine' and 'the road remains the same' and all the shit. There's so many bits like that, because I like the idea of spinning the bottle. And if one or two people pick up on it, that's the justice — that's about right."

More...