Rock For Bush -- Or Perish

Jeez, you guys get all worked up over politics.
I thought the thread starter was trying to be funny. I guess I should have taken him seriously. :lol:

Both partys suck, it just depends on who sucks less in the area that is important to you.

First off, none of these Presidents made the music in question.

Allthough I think the Rah Rah Bush stuff is pretty ridiculous in this context, there may be a grain of truth to it. The music that flourished in each era was a reflection of the national mood -- people were moving in a positive direction during Kennedy & Carter, while being pissed as hell at the President and their own condition under Nixon (Vietnam), Reagon (Reagonomics) and both Bush's. Under Clinton we had the largest economic boom of the last century, ended the conflicts in Northern Ireland, Bosnia, and manage to broker a peace agreement between Israel & Palestine for the first time.

Times were good - so naturally the music sucked ass.

The real question is : Just how badly do things have to suck before people start making good aggressive music that effectively expresses their frustration about it?

Vyan

NEW_METAL_ORDER said:
ROCK FOR BUSH -- OR PERISH

Look at the historical record:

D. D. Eisenhower (Republican) Rock and Roll
'Guys with balls': Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, etc.. Also: John Coltrane, Miles Davis

J. F. Kennedy (Democrat) Folk Music
(Pete Seger & various Greenwich Village queers) --era was redeemed by Bob Dylan

L. B. Johnson (Democrat) Flower Power
(various San Francisco queers) -- Johnson's decline yielded Jimi Hendrix.

R. M. Nixon (Republican) "Golden Age" of Heavy Metal & Hard Rock
Cream, LedZeppelin, Black Sabbath, Rolling Stones best-years, Grand Funk, MC-5, Glam-(Bowie, Iggy, T-Rex), etc.

G. R. Ford (Republican) Hard Rock, early Punk
Runaways, Ramones, Sex Pistols, KISS, Aerosmith, Bob Seger

J. E. Carter (Democrat) Disco
various New York homos, Studio 54. Punk resurgence coincided with Carter decline

R. W. Reagan (Republican) The return of heavy metal
Ozzy Osbourne, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Venom, Mercyful Fate, Metallica, etc.

G.H.W. Bush (Republican) Heavy Rock Continues
Guns & Roses, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Euro-Metal, Pantera, Slayer, Grunge, etc.

W. J. Clinton (Democrat) A resurgence of faggy music
boy-bands, female pop divas, trance, rap, digital disco. Big music-biz decline began in 2000.

G. W. Bush (Republican) Black metal revival
New Heavy Metal underground revival. Clinton era crap is dead *good!*

If John Kerry gets elected, then heavy metal will die out. It will disappear from radio and music TV; rock venues will be forced to close (due to higher taxes and more regulations). Democrats are controlled by queers, so they promote queer forms of music, killing off genres like metal.

If George W. Bush gets re-elected, then heavy metal will flourish. Metal is about male power, and that is needed when the political focus is on militarism.

Get smart: vote to re-elect Bush
A vote for Kerry is a vote to become extinct.

Man, alot of Assholes on this board are taking your post WAY too seriously. I think you have a hell of a point here!! The music under Reagan especially kicked ass!! Slayer - Reign in Blood anyone? :headbang:

Abou said:
New Metal Order, that is dumbest shit I have seen in a long time. Aerosmith sucks and so does the fact that you are ignoring that America has a horrible music scene and that most of the greatest bands come from Europe.

There are plenty of excellent bands from America it's just a fuck load easier to find European ones.

Off topic.