Rock Hard Video

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
So...I'm flipping channels tonight and run across something called "Rock Hard Video" on a Comcast public access channel 19. I'm literally stunned as there is an After Forever video playing, followed by Redemption. Then, the guy that's hosting reads some viewer mail that says they should play more European power metal, so they play Edguy, Helloween, Sonata Arctica. Cool! I know that's not the style of most of you guys here are into, but the second half of the hour long show was mostly noisy thrash growlie type stuff that I think most of you here would like (don't recall the names - maybe Shadows Fall was one). And, the show is produced right here in Chi-town. Check out the details at http://www.rockhardvideo.com/

Maybe Powerfest should contact this guy that runs it for some advertising or at least try to get Powerfest mentioned on the upcoming shows...

That guy is a MAJOR poser. I dvdr that show every so often. He plays crap like Machine Head and Slipknot to great stuff like Sonata to even Allagoch. I dont think he really has a clue about real metal. He just gets submissions from labels and he just plays them. I have never seen him at any show. Pretty hard to miss the fat guy...well...there are lots of fat guys at Power Metal shows.

That guy is a MAJOR poser. I dvdr that show every so often. He plays crap like Machine Head and Slipknot to great stuff like Sonata to even Allagoch. I dont think he really has a clue about real metal. He just gets submissions from labels and he just plays them. I have never seen him at any show. Pretty hard to miss the fat guy...well...there are lots of fat guys at Power Metal shows.

At least he's doing something. He could be sitting on his ass and not promoting any style of metal bands on local television. And who's to say that he doesn't truly enjoy something like Machine Head and Slipknot, and if he does, who the hell cares about it?

I helped him pick out hot wheels cars at Toys R Us when I used to work there. He came in during christmas. :lol:

That's a little disturbing.
I mean, I was probably 10 the last time I bought Hot Wheels, and I certainly didn't need help picking them out!

Vito - Is that the Niles Toys R Us?
My brother got fired from there many years ago.

That was my fav store growing up for scoring both wrestling and Star Wars figures.

That's a little disturbing.
I mean, I was probably 10 the last time I bought Hot Wheels, and I certainly didn't need help picking them out!

Vito - Is that the Niles Toys R Us?
My brother got fired from there many years ago.

That was my fav store growing up for scoring both wrestling and Star Wars figures.

Yeah the store on Golf and Milwaukee. I worked there for about 3 or 3 and a half years. I worked in the stockroom, then I built bikes, then I remodeled that store and the Arlington Heights store to what they are now. After I did those projects, I was the stockroom manager till I found the bad ass job I have now. Ah, the memories...

At least he's doing something. He could be sitting on his ass and not promoting any style of metal bands on local television. And who's to say that he doesn't truly enjoy something like Machine Head and Slipknot, and if he does, who the hell cares about it?

He really isnt promoting anything other than bringing the metalhead stereotype to a worse extreme. I can care less if he has terrible taste is music but if he was a die hard fan...why isnt he at shows trying to score interviews with bands and promoting that way. With that show he could be doing so much more than just acting like a retard in between videos. The other thing is that he isnt even tracking the videos down. It is all promos sent out by the labels. Anyone can do that. Sure it is cool to be able to turn on the tv and see some decent videos...but a waste that he isnt going that much further to make it a quality show.

This is very cool. I've never seen this show before, after looking at where it is broadcasted it looks like I wont see it anytime soon since they dont broadcast in Elgin.

Personally I think music videos are obsolete. I would much rather see a live performance rather than a music video.

music videos in the states are obsolete. Every where else they seem to get played. MTV and those music channels are too concerned about their reality shows than actualy playing music anymore.

I just watched Rock hard Videos today....

they played lots of bands with singers with no dicks..

After Forever
Epica
Evenasessnce
Into Eternity
Trivium

Just because they aren't shown on TV doesn't mean that you can't find them online, etc.

do you think labels like spending money on videos just to be played online?
Back in the day videos are what sold the band to the public. Now it is like...oh yeah...we have a video on our web page. Guess what...it is real original too...it is us in a wharehouse.

Times have sure changed...

I first got into Nuclear Assault, Voivod, Helloween, Coroner, Kreator, etc, etc all from videos.

Granted this was LONG before the internet, so you either got into bands from tape trading, magazine ads, or videos on headbangers ball.

I am not ball washing here, though you will prolly all think so...
Has anyone seen Novembers Doom's - "Autumn Reflection" video?
Look it up on YOUTUBE.
It is fuckin' ACE!

now it seems videos are just the bonus thing on CD's.

I remember staying up late to the last 5 minutes of Headbangers Ball to see the one good video they would play. Many of nights waiting to see a Voivod or Nuclear Assault video.

Remember around 86 when they had the afternoon 30 minute version of the Ball on. Bruce Dickenson used to co-host every so often.