Rock/"Metal" Mix feedback

rcosta93

New Metal Member
Aug 21, 2013
Hi there. Long time visiting, but only registered now. I did a mix, and i would want some feedback if possible. It's more of a rock song than a metal one, but i think it still can be reviewed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wzt6ccnri2pwpeu/Silver Lining.wav

Just want to say that i know the vocals arent the most strong point of the song, but it wasn't supposed to be an instrumental, so i recorded some vocals quickly (with a very unusal setup too).

Anyway, waiting for your constructive feedback. Thank you.

Guitars sound ok I think. To be honest, I am quite distracted by the drum and vocal tracks and think that you should try to improve those. As for the drums, I'd keep it simple and start with appropriate preprogrammed rhythm patterns. When it comes to the vocals - find yourself a space where you feel free to sing out, as it were, using your diaphragm. It sounds as if you are afraid to "put the pedal to the metal" if you know what I am saying.

For my own part, I cannot sing so I try to growl. Needless to say, they are nowhere close any professional level but at least sound way cooler than my normal voice, I can assure you :) For me this was a quicker route to decent sounding vocal track. Perhaps something to be considered?

Either way, keep rockin' and stay black!

Thanks you for the reply. The vocals are completely off i know :loco: Need someone to sing over it, or to improve my vocals. But the drums, what you think it's wrong with them? are they off the rythm?