Rock-n-RANT Hall Of Fame

muzmaze

pyramontyrsuidvan
Mar 28, 2006
N.H., USA
Any takes on this?

The great Van Halen were inducted & though i have moved on from the soap opera that is VH, they were my favorite & a major influence while growing up.One of the best days of my life was taking my son to a VH concert on fathers day not too long ago,(shit i'm getting old)!

It was sad that Eddie,Alex & Dave did not attend or perform.Velvet Revolver inducted & performed VH songs disgracefully & totally embarassed themselves,VH deserved better!

Unfortunately, the VH camp has only themselves to blame for mismanaging thier own induction.

note; Eddie VH did not attend because he is in rehab & hopefully getting better?
Mike & Sammy along w/ the Paul Sheaffer band somewhat saved the day w/a classy performance.

I wonder what was so bad about the Velvet Revolver performance?

Did you see the show?

Velvet Revolver :puke: ;
-are getting slammed by the press.
-thier speech seemed unprepared & emotionless?
-refused to play suggested songs by & w/ Dave L.R..
-sounded like a 1st. time teenage garage band playing "Ain't talkin bout love" & a silly version of "Runaround" (the chorus i think)?

Velvet Rev is a good band but they simply sucked at a special ceremony...other than that they were good??:rolleyes:

Van Halen deserved better...though not perfoming themselves is the root of the problem,the soap opera continues.:yell:

On the flipside...i'm not a big Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam) fan, nor R.E.M.fan, but both parties showed great class in thier speeches & performance! Esp. Eddie Vedder..thats how to do an induction speech.