Rock Star - the movie

Tough As Steel

a.k.a. Aussie Dave
Feb 12, 2002
Canberra
Visit site
Did anyone else notice that when Chris/Izzy (Whalberg) walked past the wall in the mansion where the auditions were being held, there was a picture on the wall, supposedly of the singer from 'Steel Dragon' standing next to a very hairy Bruce Dickinson circa' 84-85??

Not a bad movie. Almost ridiculous, but good for a laugh.

Could you take him seriously as a rock star after his time in Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch?!! :) A bit like Robbie Williams and the Take That thing...... My friend says it's a good film though.

I love the movie! Steel Dragon rock :D Killer soundtrack too.

And about the pictures, if you watch the audio commentary on the dvd, the pictures were digitally made :lol: The guy with bruce I believe is the extremly big hair...bass player in the movie... ?? im not sure right now. I guess I could check.. but im lazy right now :D

Originally posted by Winmar
Could you take him seriously as a rock star after his time in Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch?!! :) A bit like Robbie Williams and the Take That thing...... My friend says it's a good film though.

Well if it's his voice in the movie, he wasted his talent being a rap singer. I think Wahlberg's quite a clever actor and he takes on rather girtty roles.

Originally posted by ShaneBarnes1982
It actually was him singing for the most part. The only stuff he didn't sing was the incredibly high notes ala at the church choir

Nope.

The soundtrack is centered upon five songs credited to Steel Dragon, with Wahlberg's vocals provided by both Jeff Scott Soto (Yngwie Malmstein Band) and Mike Matijevic (Steel Heart).

Yes.
For filming the movie it is him singing some parts, as I stated above. But as for the soundtrack Steel Dragon are listed with the guy from Third Eye Blind, whose name eludes me at the moment becauseI cant find the soundtrack, as the singer.

hahaaha zakks lines were pretty funny!

" I just got to shoot everything in sight" that was funny heh

But what was with marky mark becoming all non metalish at the end and playing shit music! BAHH! POSER!!!!!!!!! :D

I thought it was a bit of a let down that he cuts his hair and goes grunge like a burnt-out junkie, but I think the point they were trying to get across was that he was over the whole scene. Steel Dragon were pretty false themselves really. He thought he was a member of a band when really he was just a hired gun. It would have been pretty shattering to him.
I think it was cool that his mate from his band at the start of the movie is still his friend at the end despite the bust up they had. That's METAL.

I really must get around to watching that movie. If I could only look at Jennifer "Ohmigawd!" Aniston without first wanting to disembowel her with a toothpick and forcing her to eat her own kidneys. Ah, murderous fantasies. Where would I be without them? ;).

W

Originally posted by Goreripper
I thought it was a bit of a let down that he cuts his hair and goes grunge like a burnt-out junkie

But isn't that what usually happens?

Halford (Two)
Bruce (Skunkworks)
Metallica
Megadeth