Rock Track No Samples!!

jezprs

Feb 16, 2010
Brighton UK
Hi Guys,

As my last mix got so much attention on here I thought Id post up another one! :loco:.. this track was recorded in about 4 hours.. all tracks seperate.. drums, bass, 2 guitars and vocals. I spent yesterday mixing it but I fell as if it has been rushed.. the guitar tone is not great. (my DI box decided to break on me that day!! :/ )

listening back this morning maybe the drums are too loud but if you guys could please comment or give me any tips I would be really grateful. I might even post up the wavs if anyone else wants a go??

Cheers! :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5520151/Drifters New 6.mp3

Cheers Seth!! Whats AT?? Still cant help but think that guitar tone is poo though :/ I feel the vocals arent upfront enough.. I may back off some of verb abit.. maybe compress a little more.. Thanks for your comments though mate.. good to have a more proffesional point of view on it! :)

Auto tune and not over everything. Periodically I can hear some flat notes and just doing some minor tuning can really make this track awesome.

I can't really say about the guitars or mix because I am on my iPhone but from a fans point of view they usually care most about vocals/lyrics first so getting those sounding close to perfect is usually a priority to me