Rodrigo y Gabriela

omarL

New Metal Member
Feb 28, 2003
I don't know if anyone has heard of this acoustic duo from Ireland? They do one of the best renditions of metallica's "Orion" that I've heard. It's an acoustic version.
You can listen to it here:
http://www.myspace.com/rodrigoygabriela

They are playing tonight on The Late Late show on CBS.

Alright, I have to admit, I've never heard of these two. But, when I listened to their music I was blown away. Their version of Orion flat out kicks major ass! I bought their albums and totally dig on it. I went to their gig last night in Santa Monica, again fricken kicked major ass! A sold out show, the place was packed. The fans were totally into it. They even played some tidbits of other songs, including other Metallica songs. A few times they stoped playing and talked about their background (they're from Mexico City, but live in Dublin, Ireland - that's a helleva story), some of their experiences and so on, but it was interesting and funny. They made it clear that they are influenced and have a background of thrash metal and NOT flamingo! Rodrigo read a clip from the local paper from that day that stated their music background was with flamingo, he laughed and said if that's what you're expecting, you should leave! Gabriela was awesome too, she constantly gave that :headbang: hand signal to the crowd. They were the opening band of the night, and there were three bands scheduled to play. Funny, after their gig was over, the place emptied out. Anyhow, I'm wondering if anybody else out there made it to the show.