Roger Waters

Terry Armageddon

ladykiller
May 18, 2002
Fazak
I saw Roger Waters last night and it looked like Danny Cavanagh playing keyboards. Does anyone know if he has his dreads back and is playing with King O'Floyd himself??:confused:

Was this at the point depot?? I was at that!!

I was'nt too pushed about going being a monday and all but in the end it was good bang for your euro, all the classix wheeled out!!

Set the controls for the heart of the sun was particularly sweet, the syd backdrop was a bit tacky tho'...it all makes perfect sense!!

never noticed a danny lookalike...we were too busy gawping at the backing vocalists... :eek:

Waters introduced ont of the band as snowy white..was'nt he in thin lizzy once??

Yeah it was at the Point. Youre dead right about the singers!! The keyboard player was Rogers son but he didnt half look like Danny from where I was sat. Most of the backdrops were cheesy and I didnt think much of the guitar wanking but Roger is the top man:cool: and I liked his dance moves:D

ha! i wish!
at the moment i'm at the other end of the spectrum but there's hope yet...
not in liverpool there isn't though.
help! i'm trapped again!:mad:

Snowy White did the lead guitar solo in the middle on the original Pigs on the wing. This was then chopped into two parts for the album , meanwhile the solo was eaten by rats probbably at the request of Dame 'Edna' Gilmore coz it wasnt his fingers doing the action. The original version of this is on the 'Pinkie Milkie' cd, albeit a bit wobbly.

Gilmours a tosser who got lucky. The hornets his innit? Cos he's got the magic word on the front of the CD. Bands shouldnt be called bands, they should be called words. Ah bollox, I havent had any sleep:cry:

i agree there. roger was probably a bit strange but even nick mason said gilmore was pig headed. also he cant be arsed writing songs at all, and his solos are all the same these days. at least roger always had something to say... now if amused to death had been a floyd album....

Originally posted by pagan2002
i tried explaining that to one or two of my colleagues but it went right over their heads :confused: :)

What!!:mad: Surely theyre not Gilmour sympathisers!?!? Watch out for petrol bombs at Graspop from the WOMB (Waters Old Men Brigade) :(

Originally posted by Terry Armageddon

What!!:mad: Surely theyre not Gilmour sympathisers!?!? Watch out for petrol bombs at Graspop from the WOMB (Waters Old Men Brigade) :(

Bollox to this one:( You can't slag off Gilmour just like that. Give us an argument at least:cry: ... Anyway i think Gilmour is as talented as the rest of Pink Floyd..Excluding Syd Barrett (and others that probably prefer to remain anonymous) who, well, is bigger than Pink Floyd, in my eyes at least...

Waters is too intuitive for me and never really liked his dad, but then again i just realized i haven't see him live so i don't want to be too harsh..

anebo...
gilmour could never write an album as good as amused to death.
waters missed his dad cos he died in a fucking war...so he hates war...fair enough ey?
gilmour is good singer/guitarist but lazy and can't write great song without producer/girlfriend and 10 years to do it in...
they've all got faults, but gimlour is the cat who got the cream.
ps. roger still misses syd.

gilmour is good singer/guitarist but lazy and can't write great song without producer/girlfriend and 10 years to do it in...

hehehe.... they should be called Missus floyd now

Dead??? are you mixing syd barret up with sid viscious?? :D

he visted them during the wish you were here sessions did'nt he??
he was bald fat and brushing his teeth I think

Originally posted by ANEBO

Bollox to this one:( You can't slag off Gilmour just like that. Give us an argument at least:cry: ... Anyway i think Gilmour is as talented as the rest of Pink Floyd..Excluding Syd Barrett (and others that probably prefer to remain anonymous) who, well, is bigger than Pink Floyd, in my eyes at least...

Waters is too intuitive for me and never really liked his dad, but then again i just realized i haven't see him live so i don't want to be too harsh..

Theres no doubt that Gilmours talented but so is me mate Ste. Without Waters there would be no Dark Side Of The Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall and The Final Cut. Gilmour only kept the name Pink Floyd because it is a PLC and Waters was outvoted. You name me a 'classic' Floyd track that has been written since Waters left:confused:
And yeah, Gilmour has to use loads of producers and session musicians to help him write stuff and its still not that good. but youre probably not bothered who writes the songs when theres a big light show to look at eh?:lol: