Ron J on Seismic chat this saturday

I was there for part of it, but I had to leave. Ron was kind of quiet at first since all the questions were stuff like "when's Ink Compatible gonna be released" and stuff. But once we started listening to the tunes and talkintg about them, he was quite talkative. The only real "news" I could report is that Jason was just blowing hot air when he said Tower could take several more years; he was just sick of being asked so he said that to get people to leave him alone. From what I can tell, Ink will be this year, and Tower might be.

Hmm....he did say that on Ink Compatible, all drum tracks are done, only 1 guitar track left to do, 2 bass tracks, and he didn't say what for vocals. So, that means it should only be a few more months at most. I would predict we'll see it by summer if not sooner (but don't hold me to that :). Watchtower would presumably be later since it's only in preproduction stage at this point. But it may just sneak in for a Fall or Winter release if we're all good little boys and girls :lol:

Also, from earlier in the chat when Skolnick was on, everyone should check out Attention Deficit. I remember d/l their disc a couple years back and not liking it, but the songs I heard on the show were incredible. Can't imagine what I was thinking before. I'm gonna order it soon, methinks. His new Alex Skolnick Trio is quite good, but a little too soft for me (it's all acoustic jazz, and they did remakes of a bunch of classic metal tunes like War Pigs, etc).

Originally posted by jimbobhickville
everyone should check out Attention Deficit. I remember d/l their disc a couple years back and not liking it, but the songs I heard on the show were incredible. Can't imagine what I was thinking before.

yeah, i had the same reaction. that was also during the period when those project jam records were all the rage, after Liquid Tension, and like any trend, some were good but some were not at all.

it's also possible that you heard tracks from the second Attention Deficit CD, which might be better than what you and i remember of the first one, so check before you buy [and report back].

scott