Ronnie B, You Sicken Me

Gadlor said:
:lol:
What can I say, I'm a bandslut! :p

Seriously, with JLN we normally rehearse about one or two weekends/month, Amaran twice/week and Mynjun one or twice/week.
Centinex isn't a very rehearsing band. When I joined in October they hadn't rehearsed since June or July I think so they basically (we) just rehearse before gigs and recordingsessions.
I like to have lot to do and right now playing in both Amaran and Centinex I get to get out and tour...I absolutely fucking love playing live!!! :kickass:

hey ronnie!! Say hi to mia for me. :) When is the new Amaran coming out!?!! Maybe I will make the new bass players thanks list, since I made it on A World Depraved! LOL

Cheers and good luck

Scott

Tet said:
I'm sorry but you've just set yourself up for this one -- get your fscking ass over to the UK, then and play a gig at The Underworld! :)
Well as a matter of fact...we're gonna play at The Underworld with Centinex on Jan 11th. :cool:

PLAY LONDON

ROTTING CHRIST
CENTINEX
THUS DEFILED
HELL-BORN
IMMEMORIAL
ACOLYTE'S RUIN
BRAINCHOKE

Sunday 11,01,2004
LONDON, Camden the UNDERWORLD
Doors at 4PM [16,00]
Tickets 9 GBP

Blizz said:
hey ronnie!! Say hi to mia for me. :) When is the new Amaran coming out!?!! Maybe I will make the new bass players thanks list, since I made it on A World Depraved! LOL

Cheers and good luck

Scott
She says hi right back at you. :)
It's set to be released Jan 20th, Dec 17th in Japan.

I'd been happy to put you in my thanks list...if I had had one.
Micke's got the thanks list on this one as he played on the album. :cool:

Ronnie.B said:
Well as a matter of fact...we're gonna play at The Underworld with Centinex on Jan 11th. :cool:
Well yes, but (and meaning no disrespect), I'd rather see Amaran. I may be there anyway, 'coz Rotting Christ were pretty good last time they played over here, and probably justify the ticket price by themselves. Even if it means having to put up with the apalling Acolytes Ruin again. Still, at least Adorior aren't on the bill this time around :)

Tet said:
Well yes, but (and meaning no disrespect), I'd rather see Amaran. I may be there anyway, 'coz Rotting Christ were pretty good last time they played over here, and probably justify the ticket price by themselves. Even if it means having to put up with the apalling Acolytes Ruin again. Still, at least Adorior aren't on the bill this time around :)
I have no idea how the other bands sound hehe. :)
Of course we hope to get to play in England with Amaran, that'd be cool.

But, I've heard that melodic metal of any kind isn't that popular in England...is that true?
Shred from DragonForce told me that, that death and blackmetal is much bigger over there...

Did he really? I'll have to berate him[1] next time I see him! A few years ago, I'd certainly have agreed with him, but I don't think that's the case any more, and the melodic power metal bands we've had over here in the last few years have all gone down well, and brought in respectable crowds. As long as Kerrang! remains the UK's best selling "music" mag, you'll continue to get either ignored by the press, or given crap reviews. And of course, the UK has no real rock radio. Both of which will adversely affect album sales. But you'll probably still find a reasonable following when it comes to touring, particularly if you can get on a bill with a more well known band. For example, Nostradameus supported Gamma Ray/Edguy, and Freedom Call supported Hammerfall, and both enjoyed near capacity crowds.
Of course, I'm still waiting for the Amaran/Borknagar tour that was "postponed" from last year, but I think that's probably looking unlikely now :-(

[1] Yaaay! A claim to fame... I knew him before he was famous :)