Ronnie James Dio - 1942-2010

Stingray11214

OSA Triumvir
Oct 21, 2005
At 0735hrs on May 16th, the man mostly credited as being the founder of the Power Metal genre, Ronnie James Dio, passed away of stomach cancer. He leaves behind his wife, Wendy, and an adopted son from his first marriage, Daniel, and a legacy of music and fans that will go on forever after an incredible 53 year career.

Ronnie James Dio - Recquiesence en Pace. :cry::cry::cry:

There are scarce persons to whom the global metal fraternity owes as much as it does to Ronnie James Dio. By scanning through numerous websites and discussion boards today it soon will become obvious to everyone who aren't aware of the fact how beloved, respected and influental person RJD actually has been in his lifetime. He was the role model to generations of metalheads; for those who listen to metal and even more to those who make metal music and perform it themselves. Even the biggest names in metal today pay honour to RJD as their inspiration and idol. His unique voice is known to millions and his cryptic lyrics are telling the life of many who listen to his music.

RJD kept always true to himself and to the music he created. He worked hard and achieved fame and wealth but never let himself to forget where he came from and who were the millions of fans all around the world who shared his music with him. True and humble, but proud of what he was doing; that is the image of Ronnie James Dio we will remember.

As a long time fan starting from RJD's Rainbow years I was finally lucky to see him performing live twice with "Dio" in 2004 and 2005. He was all and more I ever had imagined by listening to his albums since my teen years. The voice, the charisma, the legend, nothng less.

We all hang our heads low today to mourn the loss of the great metal spirit. The man is gone but his music will live through us all who love metal music.

Rest in Peace Ronnie James Dio ...and catch the rainbow, will ya!

I knew he had been unwell for some time but I was still shocked when I heard the news.

RIP Ronnie and thank you from the bottom of my metal loving heart for the music.