Rough demo Sup2.0 + Recto

ATLA

Oct 12, 2007
The North
EDIT*Mix has been updated Vocals and bass have been added please check this out and give some feed back guys would really appreciate it!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=868938

Hey guys this is an old song of mine thats going on my demo, i have been trying hard to get it to pretty good but im kinda stuck and was hoping to get an opinion from you guys.

guitars are Triple Recto/Maxon boost mic'd with a 57 through a marshall 1960av.
and the drums are superior 2 with lekt's preset(this time i actually fixed the velocity so it sounds like what it supposed to) with some eq tweaking on a couple things..

all things appreciated thankyou!:kickass:

-mickey

link doesn't work for me, just goes straight to the soundclick homepage

edit- after diging through the URL i think i found it http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7924859

if thats the right song, then the guitar sounds pretty sweet. nice and tight and heavy. kick is a bit thuddy without much click going on, kinda hard to get a good metal kick from s2.0 from my experience. pretty cool sounding song overall. the solo sounds a bit low.

at 1:08 i get some strange volume drop out though, not sure whats going on there. then again at 1:29. happens a couple more times in the song, maybe a compressor acting up and giving you some strange pumping.

The snare could use a larger room sound. Whatever reverb is on there right now (if any) sounds like a small room, so I'd use something bigger.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=868938

listen to FALLACYMASTER

BASS HAS BEEN ADDED, i also tried to make the mix a bit louder.. looking at it now i think there might be to much verb on the snare.. and i was expeiramenting with Gclip for the first time but i think i went a little overboard because there's alot of noticable clipping.. arhhgg i dont quite understand loudness yet...

Hey dude, I'm way too high to make an objective judgement call on any mix details right now, but here's a free "Feedback from Marcus when he's sober" coupon, which you may redeem any time after, oh, I'd say 10:30 AM EST :D

Ok, here we go, listening to Fallacy with vox - first off, everything is really quiet, so time to turn up the speakers. Now then, I gotta be honest, the guitars almost sound like clips I've heard of amps through those "frequency compensated recording outputs" (meaning, almost solid-state) - way too much fizz in there IMO, either too much treble or presence (or maybe both; what were your settings?) Also a bit thin too. Sweet string noise on the bass, it has potential, but it's way too middy IMO and not at all grindy; a little distortion from your Maxon would be nice (though not exclusively for the tone, meaning not bass --> Maxon --> interface, but rather re-amping through it, if you can, otherwise try BTE TSS). Sweet bass playing though! And the music is badass also! Drums are all too low and cymbals too high IMO (reverse 'em ;)), and the snare is a bit too pronounced in the highs IMO, since it needs to come up for more fullness, but at the same time I can tell the highs of the attack would be overbearing if you did. The kick also is too low, and sounds over-boosted in the attack range; god I hate S2.0 kicks :erk: Yeah, but mainly, I think the reason it just overall feels like a weak mix is the snare and kick really need to be louder and more pronounced! (and cut a lot of mids from that kick, now that I think of it) Keep it up dude, and again, awesome music! (and AWESOME solos :headbang: )