Rumskib- Picking up where Slowdive, My Bloody Valentine, and Cocteau Twins left off!

LORD DARKSOUL

Welcum 2 my funeral
This band is incredible! They take all of the best elements from all of your shoegayzer favorites of yesteryear and forge their own unique, Danish sound out of it. They've got the dreamy SWOOOOOOOOSH of Slowdive, the disorienting LOUDNESS of My Bloody Valentine, and that special quirkyness that made the Cocteau Twins so special. I think if this album would have come out 15 years ago it'd almost be mentioned in the same breath as "Souvlaki" or "Loveless."

While other bands such as Bethany Curve are keeping the shoegayze banner flying by striclty paying homage to those that came before, Rumskib are truly carving out their own musical niche.

Check out their stuff on Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/rumskib

"Hearts on Fire" and "Springtime" are my two favorites, but this album is completely filled with great tunes from front to back! ALL HAIL RUMSKIB!

Yeah great band, they are getting a lot of extremely positive comments on the shoegaze forum as well. That's actually how I found them (as a n00b in this genre :p). Check this out people!