Running Wild - Resilient

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
Whole album's on YT and it's bloody good. Shadowmaker was ok and even very good but mixed reviews however Rock n Rolf has really pulled out all the stops this time. This album is the best since The Rivalry! There are some very good songs on this album. The production is solid and heavy. If that's not a real drummer then I don't care cause it sounds very good anyway. My fave songs are Adventure Highway. The Drift has awesome riffs. Run Riot is cheeky and funny. Desert Rose is very melodic. I can't really say anything bad about any song. It's also quite heavy at times and you can imagine some songs sound a bit like Giant X material like Down to the Wire. The best song on the album is Bloody Island. It's very cool with some awesome melodic gallops and a sweet chorus. Good ship RW is ready for boarding!! Now all I need is to catch RW live before he conks out or I do! Dunno which is first lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is surely an enjoyable album from RW, yes, probably their best since The Rivalry indeed. Rolf doesn't reinvent the wheel, but this is some quality traditional heavy/power metal, with some hard rock touches at times.

Very strange!!
When I search for it now, I see it.

I tried multiple times this morning.

It was not for nothing, as I fully enjoyed blasting Under Jolly Roger at work!

Thanks.

RW fan since the 1990s and I feel absolutely nothing for this album. "Desert Rose" stands out for me. "Crystal Gold" is a blip on my radar but otherwise...nothing. I think the sound is thin and weak over the past few cds and Rolf would be doing himself a real favor getting an established band back to write and record RW stuff. This Rolf-Solo thing is coming up way short for me.